Agnostic.com

5 2

Xmas
So many things about the biblical xmas story/birth of Jesus bother me.
None of the Gospels agree in their narratives, the lengths of getting Mary and Joesph to Jerusalem is laughable. The torturous routes, none agree it is odd.
The scholars pretty much agree these accounts were written long after the events, by unknown author(s) and all have been mistranslated, changed to suit purpose and just added to over time.

And there is ZERO evidence Jesus was born in December!! December, particularly around the Winter Solstice, was chosen as part of the christian design to make christianity more palatable to pagans.

One last bit of annoyance.
If Jesus is the product of divine visitation, how does Joesph's bloodline play any part? Scripture goes to great lengths to list the lineage, and those don't even agree!! What the hell, get with the program people??

Nilkin67 5 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It don't bother me anymore than goldilocks and the three bears bothers me... what does bother me is that people will do nasty upon other people based on such crap... whether it be snow white, the oh so precious "scripture", goldilocks, war and remembrance, that koran thing, some other pagan written thingy, some buddist crap, or whatever... to be bothered by any of it is both giving it some kind of credence and promoting and/or exercising the wasting of precious time...

I was confused when Darth Vader told Jesus that he was his father. Oh - hang on - that was some other story 😉

Plenty close enough, eh?

It's centuries of brainwashing. It makes me want to scream sometimes, the way people will defend the Bible and ignore all the contradictions. They are blind to what it actually says. They just repeat what they've been told all their lives.

Why is there a church built at the site in Bethlehem where Jesus was born?

I have heard my mother say that Jesus' blood line was traced through Mary, not Joseph. And, this is a woman who would read/study the Bible every day (making it all the way through once a year). This is a sad example of how people simply believe what they want and ignore that which is contradictory and nonsensical.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.