Agnostic.com

33 7

Do you believe life exists outside of our planet?

If so, do you think simple life happens a lot? That would be the coolest thing to me. If we discovered simple life elsewhere in our solar system I would lose my mind. If it happens to be in all the places we expect it might possibly exist, like Europa and Titan, I feel like that would be a good trend pointing to life happening anywhere it has the time and the resources to do so.

CliffordStone 4 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More likely than not I would say.

To think that we are the only planet that can sustain life in our solar system is just ridiculous and self centered.

Nor will I care. Interplanetary asshole is just another asshole from a different planet. Very funny of "non believers" wanting to believe in aliens... funny, funny.

I hope there is life 'out there', but we are here, in this forum, basically because there is a LACK of CONCRETE EVIDENCE that 'god' exists.
There is also a lack of concrete evidence that aliens exist.
Is it fair to believe in one, but not the other, based on the preponderance of evidence?

Who said anything about aliens? We are the aliens...some of the most immature residents of the biosphere...Lol

Of course it is.. Aliens if they exist would be natural rather than supernatural.

@Honey4Oshun I was only using the term 'aliens' to refer to any indigenous life forms anywhere other than Earth.

@drumreaper I gotcha ...sidebar humor?

I think there very probably is. I do hope there is something, a simple algae or amoeba, just something right here in our solar system. Sadly I suspect we may never meet whatever life is out there in my lifetime.

It would be arrogance on the part of earth's inhabitants to presume to be the only existing life! It is interesting to contemplate the possibilities of other life forms, yet I find myself cautiously interested in actually finding out about other beings. Well, if they were to visit our planet; what if they were not friendly, and having wasted their own resources were looking to replace their world with ours. Hmm, then again, if we don't work harder to care for our own planet, no other beings would want our planet!

Yes, I believe there must be other life out there. Our only concept of life is carbon based organisms. What if there is life out there that we don't identify as life? What if we've already come in contact with it but didn't recognize it as life?

Yes! Statistically it's just so probable. There are still unknown species of fish or vegetation in deep oceans on our own planet, so why wouldn't they exist in this immense universe? Fascinating indeed.

Elie Level 3 June 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.