Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Girl, 6, died by hanging in foster care. County settles with family for $1.5 million. - The Washington Post

I'm seeing more and more articles concerning the suicides of really young kids. I'm talking 13 and younger. This is very troubling. The causes? Idk. Some have been from from from single parent homes; some have been bullied; but whatev the cause the failure of these kids to live is not on them. It's on US. The adults around them that built this society; that fail to notice; that are failing them.

BookDeath 8 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was a suicidal child. My first attempt, I was only 7 by a few weeks. I can understand in a different sort of way...

I stopped with suicidal ideology in my early 20's, around age 24, the time of my final attempt.

I can't even imagine being suicidal these days and remembering things of this nature seems like such a distant past that I can no longer even related to... almost like it was a... a different life... a life im no longer connected to on any level. However, I can recall, with a freshness, what I once felt like... inside. It will always be with me, a part of me, so to speak.

Sadoi Level 7 June 19, 2018

@permanwilson Yes. I do. I have. I have been a guest speaker for a number of Suicide Prevention Rallies, groups, et al.

Appreciate the support, friend. 🙂

@permanwilson my BA is in Child Psycholog (i actually double majored BA psych and BS geology), MA in Sociology and completed with my Doc in Psychiatry so I did it for a living for well over a decade. It has a lot to do with how well I manage these emotions.

I suffered an extremely abusive childhood, but with years of psychotherapy and the WILL to change, I spent about 15 years working through my issues and made it out to the other side. Sure I still have some issues, but overall, I have overcome it. 🙂

Thank you.

@permanwilson awww...! That has to be one of the kindest things anyone around here has ever said to me. 🙂 Thank you!! ❤

@permanwilson 🙂 ❤

The affect of being moved around to families who do it for pay and doesn't provide loving care is part of the problem. Many who are adopted for some reason also have the same problem becoming a part of the new family.They are angry they were cheated from having their own family. This becomes a life long challenge for them. They seem to believe they were never loved like their own family would have done.I speak from first hand experience even though the child was provided with phych aid and plenty of love and affection.

@permanwilson A great deal will amount to the strength of the child.We have already presented the damage. I have an adopted grandaughter and she is having great difficulty dealing with the adoption even though we have tried everything including therapy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101077
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.