Agnostic.com

6 3

Any Grunts in here?

Any one overseas for a war?

BucketlistBob 8 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1st Cav, Vietnam 72 through 73. ASA, South America 73 through 75..... Slick driver.
I always say that I took the real tough guys to work, and brought them home.

Just right....i want to talk later...

I am over seas cause that's where I live. Please don't bomb here..cause I just finished landscaping the garden.

Army Corps if Engineers, Carpentry/Masonry, Reserve 13 years, 1 deployment, not retired, just tired and out.

Thanks brother... anytime you need an ear... I'm hear.

are you a veteran also @BucketlistBob?

Vietnam my brother.. and Thailand and Philippines. Wish I had a good picture to show you. I give all of them to my kids photo album. I did a portrait in Saigon. Theres me looking up to an American dream. I think I still got that letter of appreciation for building these swing sets for the orphanage in Saigon. Got me some Agent orange while working over there. I got a medical card from the VA. I get a little compensation for what the Agent Orange did to me. Just looking for some war veterans to talk to. We use to have a lot at the VFW hall... there ain't many left. We all know each others stories. All this right to burn the American flag in protest has brought out the beast in me. Yeah... I know they got the right... tired of hearing about it. Makes me think about my buddy's on the wall.

@BucketlistBob I'm sorry for the troubles Bob, but I do thank you sir.

@BucketlistBob I am not a veteran and yet I would like to learn about your experience. I am sure some stuff was painful and I believe that should contribute/help to establish a baseline for everyone to understand that any flag controversy or similar protest going on now a days, it should not be thrown around lightly. It's easy for me to say it's not right to burn the flag (I truly believe it's not ok) and it's easy for someone else to start an argument to prove me wrong. You my friend are the one with the stories that may change people's heart towards doing what is right, out appreciation for the many guys like you. Thank you for your service and for your effort to continue to be the force of civility and reason.

@IamNobody. Thank you..... i can't ecplain my stories on here. Ive already tried. I was hoping that some grunts were on here to relate to. The majority on here say they have a right and so they do.

@BucketlistBob I understand. It was a long shot. If you ever want to tell a story just to vent or whatnot then feel free to send me a message. As I have said in the past, I cannot help but I can listen and learn. Thanks !!

One Marine forever who saw all that he wanted.

thank you sir.

Former, but not for war

Cool...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.