Agnostic.com

20 4

Are you asocial or a social butterfly?

EmeraldJewel 7 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm much better in a one on one environment. I have no use for the phenomenon of group mentality. I'm not one who enjoys rubbing elbows in a crowd. I sometimes get a bit claustrophobic when my 'personal space' is overwhelmed.

asocial

I am socially active in groups of like-minded people and avoid people who define themselves by their religion, horoscope, other form of self delusion. When I absolutely must be around them I stay inside my own head. At least there I can find someone with some sense to talk to...?

I'm more like an asocial swift.

I am a social butterfly with asocial overtones.... 😉

I think I am both. I am very social work my work family and my husband but outside of that I am quite introverted. I enjoy time by myself more than I enjoy time with others. I've been told to work on that so I'm just working on finding balance. To have good friends I need to be a good friend. Requires some social behavior ?

Social and an extrovert. I crave (stimulating) conversations with others but more than that, deeper connections if that's possible. But, I also like coming home and blobbing out after work.

I'm extremely social. I'm gifted that way I would say. My friendships are very important to me.

I'm neither, however I'm quite social for a darkness-loving fungi

As an extrovert, I get energy from connecting with people. But I also love reading and time alone to unwind.

My home is a sanctuary. It comforts and pleases me, filled with books, music and art.

I'm definitely not asocial, but I don't think I'd describe myself as a 'social butterfly', mainly because those folks have an aplomb that I lack. They're a lot more smooth than I am. ?

Excuse you I'm an antisocial butterfly. Lol

Majestic, graceful, and beautiful when no one is around

Very social, but l don't need it all the time.

Hand up — asocial...

I like people and I'm happy to chat if they'll talk to me, but I'm a lot better in writing than I am in person. I'm a bit shy, slow-witted and socially withdrawn in the flesh. I have just one close 'friend' (whose recently moved 200 miles away) and only a couple of 'mates' who I might hang out with a couple of times in a year; otherwise it's just my wife and kid.

But I like it that way. I used to feel bad that I couldn't maintain a conversation as others around me do, and I used to rely on alcohol to loosen my tongue, but these days I can accept that it's just the way I'm put together.

I can totally relate. Cocktail party - small talk always seemed elusive to me. I have no problems connecting with people but I am the quintessential "foot in mouth" individual. I really envy those rare individuals who always seem to know just exactly the right thing to say. Maybe in my next life.... ???? 😉

If given the choice, I am a gargoyle down from the roof taking advantage of the library being deserted.

Neither.

I am socially awkward, at best... mostly socially anxious...

I have always loved the scientific observation things! I still have those neurons that like the observation things but can only try to apply some of the sociological things to them.

It depends on the vibe of the environment...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101631
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.