Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Canada didn’t burn the White House. And Dolley Madison needs a fact check, too. - The Washington Post

FACT-CHECK! Canada didn't burn the WH during the War of 1812 (duh); and surprise, surprise, Dolley Madison didn't save the iconic portrait of George Washington! (A French doorkeeper and a gardener did so.) Dolley apparently took the money, i.e. the silver, and ran. Ironically the black man who publically disputed her story, Paul Jennings (a former slave who worked as manservant at the WH) later went to give her aid and succor later in her life when she had fallen on penury.

BookDeath 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We knew that to be true but being truthful is no longer relevant anymore. Canada, France and others of the G6 out of 7 are being demonized relentlessly by 45. Since we are not used to that outside of the US, things are going to get ugly.

Ugly gets what ugly gives

@kenriley That would be drastic at this point of the game. I would guess that world leaders are waiting to see the results of the Nov election before taking drastic actions. We all want a trustworthy, worldly and functional US. Don't sell yourselves short too soon.

One cannot expect more of a president who's father bought his way through school. He can barely read and write my g**

Fact - Our President is an idiot.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101955
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.