Agnostic.com

11 8

Is anybody else into Inchies?

Get your mind out the gutter.

This is like an art thing I found recently. It is so totally me!!! I'm doing a painting project with a similar concept, but way bigger, making 144 paintings on 4x4 canvas panels. So here's a pic of my project so far, and of inchie stuff.

I thought it would be cool to do an inchie swap. I actually think there's probably a website for that, but if anybody here is into this kind of stuff (which I'm thinking probably not since when I looked for topics, there wasn't one for art), we could do it.

#art
Jenmcjen 6 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I enjoy watercolor painting but have never set out to do any projects. I would find it too demanding and I just paint when I am in the mood and can enjoy it. I don't have much to show for my efforts.

I knew an artist, called Olenik, who painted fantastic picture on to polystyrene sheets using enamel paint. He bragged he was the only artist in th area whose paintings floated! When you enquired the price of a painting he would measure the length and breadth of the painting and calculate the price, based on the square inches. This was in the early 1970s so he sort of qualifies as the founder of the inchy movement, doesn't he?

Um, sure. ?

Noie!

No, but it looks very interesting.

My wife and ladyfriend paint seashells... collect stuff for the patio... keeps them happy.

That's cool!!!

I sometimes make inchies and twinchies for Artist Trading Cards. I even do something smaller that I call ATC-minis. Yours are super! Do you trade? Do you belong to any on-line trading groups?

Oh, wow, you think now what a Twinchie is too! Awesome!! Okay, I think I mis-led. The bottom right is my work, but those are 4x4 canvases. The other 3 are examples from Google. I have not actually started making the inchies yet, though I think I already have 1,000 made in my mind. The "big" 4x4 thing I'm doing is what led me to inchies. Just today I joined swap-bot. I'm going to do a couple postcard swaps first, because you have to get marked as a reliable swapmate or something first. Do you - well, yeah, if you do ATCs, what do you swap thru?

@Jenmcjen My daughter and I belong to a local collective so most of our swaps are done in person at monthly meets. Sometimes we participate in random swaps through art galleries or people swapping for friends they have overseas. I also belong to an on-line group through Facebook, but haven't used that group since February as the atmosphere got a little risque and whiny for my tastes.

I admire your work. I don't have the patience to make so many small pictures.

Neat. Kinda reminds me of some samplers I have seen.

cava Level 7 June 8, 2018

My inchies for your inchies ? That might be a good deal ?

so much!

@Jenmcjen
More than one, for sure ? Lol

Creativity should never had limits!!!

I believe that limits allow the creativity to shine through. Which is why I'd rather write a sonnet than a free-form poem. Also, if I'm choosing limits, that's making my creative decision. I love all kinds of creative stuff!

@Jenmcjen You write sonnets? Wonderful. So do I. 🙂

@Jenmcjen I am not trying to limit your creativity with my comment. Boundaries, boundaries.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102193
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.