Agnostic.com

6 12

LINK Anthony Bourdain’s Most Memorable Quotes - Eater

On his life philosophy: “Life is complicated. It’s filled with nuance. It’s unsatisfying... If I believe in anything, it is doubt. The root cause of all life’s problems is looking for a simple fucking answer.”

Stacey48 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just ordered "Kitchen Confidential" - been meaning to read it for years. Now is the time to read it, a good way to honor him. I felt shocked when I found out how he had died. Even though I should know better, I should remember that people with great careers, who "have it all" can still suffer depression. Brain chemistry can do bad things to a person. It is not often that I admire celebrities, but I admired him because he was respectful to all kinds of people, never became a snob. He is missed by many.

SKH78 Level 8 June 20, 2018

From another interview, I liked this one:
And if the waiter is taking 10 minutes to describe each dish [and] it'll only take you three to eat it, something's really wrong. I think people lose sight of the fact that chefs should be ultimately in the pleasure business, not in the look-at-me business.

Liked his quotes... Loved this one;
One-time personal motto: “Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”

I am so sad, I WAS A FAN! I so enjoyed his stories and his spin on everything! I will miss him, R.I.P. Bourdain...

I will miss him or at least his shows when saw them. All that eating made me feel sick sometimes but I certainly enjoyed the surroundings.

Commented on your other post but man I really liked him.

@Stacey48 A bit overdone, but not too bad. ?

@Stacey48 Passion is usually quite wonderful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.