Agnostic.com

4 1

Do you Believe your Heart Has Anything to Do With Feelings or Emotion? Most cultures have references to the human heart being associated with feelings. In America, we place our hand over our heart when we recite the Pledge of Allegiance. We also have many saying such as:

1.He or She has a good heart. 2.What does your heart tell you. 3.He or she has Broken my heart. 4.A kind heart person.

Me being the scientist that I am, cannot associate feelings or emotions to your heart. I only see the heart as the organ which distributes blood throughout your body. I think our emotions actually control the heart. I think we have it backwards.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

twshield 8 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heart Intuition

I regard those sayings as figurative, as I think most people these days do. They may have been taken literally more widely in the past.

I agree with you completely.

gearl Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

Ignorance of the function the bodys' organs is at the root of these confused beliefs and the confusion of cause and effect. I am aware of my heart rate most of the time but, I seem to have a mental ability to count time independent of my heart rate.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10282
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.