Agnostic.com

3 0

CIVICS 101

I think it's time for Civics 101. The president does not make laws. He/She can sign them into law. The president cannot overturn anything no matter what their personal beliefs are. The president can suggest things to his/her party in congress. He/She cannot craft legislation. That is up to congress. As it stands right now outsiders are crafting repressive legislation and distributing those bills to their minions on the federal and state level. The outside and equally corrupt organization is called ALEC, an acronym for American Legislative Exchange Council. They are lobbyists from various pro business, pro gun, pro privatization, pro oil and anti environmental activist organizations.

Those Americans who belong to the NRA amount to about 4.3 Million citizens. Approximately 3% of Americans (9.57 Million) own over half the guns in the USA. Who crafts gun legislation you ask? That would be the officers and lobbyists for the NRA who craft gun laws. There are 76 people on the board of directors of the NRA. They are the ones who make the decisions for the 4.3 Million members. Among the powerful NRA board members are Tom Selleck and gun wacko and coward Ted Nugent. Also note that convicted Reagan administration Iran-Contra conspirator, Oliver North is also on the board.

realdancermn 5 Dec 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it wasn’t for the NRA it would be illegal to have a gun for self Defense in your home much less be able to carry for self Defense. I myself am a life member of the NRA and damn proud of it! It’s the liberals who want to strip us of our rights to own firearms with their liberal judicial appointments to the Supreme Court. Hell 4 judges already believe it’s ok for a city to prohibit you from having a gun in your own house! Thankfully with Trump and and the appointment of Neil Gorsuch the pro second amendment judges retain they’re 5-4 majority.

In fact, the President can order the Attorney General not to prosecute a specific law passed by a previous Congress and signed by a previous president. Through his bully pulpit, he can pressure Congress to pass laws that suit the party's needs and agendas. This is what ended up happening with the anti-ACA legislation that failed and the tax bill that flew through Congress without hearings or public comment. The latter was a promise made by the President and forced through the system to appease big business and the upper 0.1% of the population. Trump will profit from the new tax law.

Wonderful-I used to like Tom Selleck. I hate guns. We should find out who the other board members are and make some noise on social media.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.