Agnostic.com

32 3

Should I Worry?

I have a 15 year old boy. He has an Instagram account and i see that he follows a bunch of scantily clad women. I don't like it at all. I think it is really an objectification of women and i didnt raise him that way. BUT I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Should I - a) tell him to unfollow those accounts and explain why i think its bad. b) make him take them down and punish him for it. c) Ignore it because its just 15 year old curiosity and hormones? I don't want to overreact but I also don't want to perpetuate the boys will be boys mindset that allows so much sexual assault to go unchecked.

cmontes 5 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A. with modifications, yes it's the hormones let him know you do understand but it's not a good idea especially looking to the Future when people can dig up all sorts of dirt. putting the right spin on it to suit their purpose at the time.

I would choose option a.

Just ignore it. There is nothing shameful or immoral about male sexuality. If you show respect and set a good example as a human being, he can not help but respect you in return, and other women in suite.

The more you tell him not to follow , the more he is likely to rebell against you . I do think you need a mother son relationship between both of you. i am not an expert when it comes to family relationship. i think though instead of focusing on his rights and wrongs choice, take time to be in his world. it can be possible that he needs you and you are somehow not mentally and emotionally available. i am sure if you are , there is nothing but love you see in him.

You could buy him a wife from Russia or Thailand there's loads of adverts on the internet !!!

Simon1 Level 7 June 11, 2018

D) take away his phone. it could be sex predotors.

The first part a C, and the later half of A. That's how I'd handle it.

I don't even know what that means

@cmontes it means I'd tell him what I dislike about it without punishing him and then try to ignore it into it becomes a problem because he's 15 and full of hoteliers and curiosity. In other words, how about sit down and have a non-reactive, non-threatening, normal conversation with your son before you fly off the handle.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104346
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.