Agnostic.com

3 0

Outside the observable universe

So whenever I debate someone about the origins of the universe, I always try to define what they mean by universe. Are we talking about our observable universe or the universe in full. (If that makes sense) I know there's plenty of theories about multiverses and such and its nonsensical to talk about what happened before a big bang. My question is: What is our observable universe expanding into and could this greater area have certain traits and laws that have always existed?

JordanPF 2 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Google some of the physics blogs..plenty of cool theories out there.

I suppose the observable universe is expanding into the non-observable universe. But to me it raises questions about the meaning of existence. If there are things that we can never see even in principle, no matter how good our instruments became, what does it mean to say that these things even exist?

Coffeo Level 8 June 11, 2018

I hadn't noticed the expansion. Tell me where to look.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104844
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.