Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK The game theory that explains our country’s mass psychosis - The Washington Post

I've read about this in other places. But unfortunately, what's fouling the game here, is that the tit for tat has escalated. People who operate as rational decent human beings and not motivated by purely tribal motivations are usually willing to put themselves in a time-out situation. I've seen many of my progressive friends do this. That allows us room to examine our motives and biases. BUT those around us are NOT playing by these rules and only attack more viciously. The VA Senate Race 2018 between Kaine and Stewart, for instance, is gonna play that out.

BookDeath 8 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why do people still think this is a new human phenomenon? Lol

The author talks about this sudden onslaught, but then goes on to describe an age old saying of "tit for tat". Why would anyone think it would change now after all this time?

The only thing that has changed is the means for everyone to be heard.

The game will continue to be played, and it will not "escalate to mutually assured destruction".

When the truth is sacrificed on a regular basis, where is a common starting point?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105944
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.