Agnostic.com

26 1

What life advice would you give to a teenager ?

RaulPerez 7 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Learn to say "No"

Dump the cell phone and social media and have lunch with some one. Learn how to have a real conversation

Whatever you think of, or believe in, today, will change. Speak less, listen more. Manners and a smile goes further than none. Your elders may not be more intelligent than you, but they have more experience in the world -- don't dismiss then out-of-hand. You can only be correct for yourself. Look at people--try to imagine yourself in their shoes. Treat your children as you would yourself. Be kind. Be helpful. What you give you will get back.

xyz123 Level 7 June 14, 2018

You don’t deserve an education, a job, a wardrobe, a lover, a cell phone, a car, status, or a spot on The Voice; rather, you need to put in time, effort, and character to earn them. Also, be kind, assume the best in people, listen more than you talk, and for goodness’ sake, vote.

UUNJ Level 8 June 22, 2018

Dont become a liberal democrat as the schools teach. Dont follow the crowd. Think for yourself.

Definitely don't follow the regressive, right wing. Trump-apologist crowd. They are the worst of all.

@Gareth Better to remain Independant than a follower of anyone or anything,but especially a dumocrat liberal,which means "anything goes"..Cal.

This too shall pass. Keep your contact with the police as brief & as little as possible. Do not make decisions with your hormones.

And use birth control

Work together for the common good instead of just looking out for yourself.

My advice... discover what you are truly passionate about. Then try and find some way you can earn a living through pursuing your passion. If you can do that you might a chance at a lifelong career that is truly rewarding. I see too many adults (including myself) that end up in miserable careers that make them unhappy. And once you are in your 40's or older it is far far more difficult to change careers.

Also, don't be in a hurry to grow up. You can never go back to being a teenager... a time in your life where you still have dreams and you can choose the road you wish to travel. You can still make mistakes. When you're older, mistakes tend to be much more costly.

Lastly, don't toss out all your old toys. Someday, you'll wish you had kept some of them. 🙂

Good luck. Life is hard.

Very good advice!

Question everything and be true to yourself. If you mess up then own it and learn from it but always be aware that your choices are what determines your life, so choose wisely.

Follow your passion and trust your gut instincts.

Do what you really want to do with your life, and be prepared to pay the full price for your choices.

Think positive, your thoughts create your reality. Things in the world right now look bad for many people, but know that your future is going to be amazing because this generation of young people "get it". You will surprise yourself with what you are capable of when you set your mind to it. Find people who love you and believe in you, there will be many of them willing to help you achieve your goals. Think Positive!!!

Carefully evaluate all the possible outcomes (cost and benefit) for each and every choice.

Make choices based on facts (things that can be demonstrated to be true). Judge all faith (belief without evidence) claims as being suspect.

Above all else to thine own self be true - - Shakespeare quote worthy of adherence.

Get more education than you think you'll ever need.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

Don’t submit to herd behaviour and formulate your own views as they are as important as those of anyone else

Communicate openly and honestly with humility. Be willing to be wrong, offer to fix it and leave things better than you found them.

1. Enjoy. 2) 'If it isn't on, it isn't on'
StJohn Level 6 June 16, 2018

Follow no advices!

zesty Level 7 July 9, 2019

Get an education!!!! Learn to do something that you love and that pays the rent. Don't slam doors in your own face -- by which I mean that you should not create barriers for yourself. I avoided math in school because I was convinced I wasn't any good at it. If I had wanted to pursue a career that required math -- like engineering or medicine -- it would have been too bad.
Love is (as they say) lovely, but it doesn't always work out. Don't give yourself up when you enter a relationship. Don't let anyone think for you or control you.
Be kind.
Oh, and then there's sunscreen....

Find something you love to do. If you can't find it in a career, which is the best, find it in a hobby, and don't let possessions rule your life.

Use critical thinking and humor while learning and applying your passions.

Pray for a Vietnam you can go to die into.

Stay focused but don’t treat anything as life or death

Stay One!

Coldo Level 8 June 14, 2018

Grow up .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.