Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK A moral crisis grips the US border. Yet the religious right is shamefully silent | Marilynne Robinson | Opinion | The Guardian

"Can a movement that defines itself by its vehement rejection of American culture ever really wish or work for civility and accommodation? Might not such a movement resist solutions to social problems, for example gun violence and poverty, because these things confirm a view of the culture that is central to their rejection of it? Do they place any value on America’s good name? Questions like these arise from the social and political consequences of the years in power of the so-called Christian right. They are uniquely Trump’s prop and stay. Will they let him escape his responsibility for a policy that even he denounces in moral terms, and allow him to keep it in place? The question cannot be avoided – have they no shame?" - Marilynne Robinson

zblaze 7 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its called the Flores Act and has been around since 1997. Obama did the same thing. President Trump signed an executive order days ago to stop the kids from being separated from their parents while awaiting trial. A very large number of the children were brought in by smugglers hoping to use them to seek assylum. The liberal,lying media still lies continually blaming anything and everything on him..so ridiculous.

The "liberal media" would really have to up their lying game to have any chance of coming close to the number of lies tRump, and his corrupt administration have told!

Faux News sounds like your cup of tea.

@zblaze Why do you liberals always choose to be rude and start arguments ? I state facts.You choose insults as a response. Typical.

Boy is that a jumbled mess your sharing and I’m sure you’ll find takers but yours is in the minority. Blame the media, blame the Muslims, blame the Blacks, blame the Latinos, blame the Jews, blame the LGBT, blame the press , blame the Dems, blame the Young who have taken to the streets.....take no responsibility for the total chaos, rudderless leadership, white racists and Supremacists

I’ll certinly believe you before Emmy wining journalists, like NPR, BBC, Christian Science monitor, MSNBC, And bonifird writers of Pulitzer gamed

Hitler escaped responsibilities for 13 years and we do have Manzanar off of hwy 395 in east Cali.... a monument to fear, overacting, racist under the guise of national security. These recent Trump brainstorm created a problem were there was none and it’s overtly racist as the Latinos are literally running for their lives in volitile Central America and we take in these people but they are not with and that’s a threat to the trump racist base

I read an article today on the damage inflicted onto these children during this hostage situation and don't think it is anything less then a human rights violation hostage situation, he administration has admitted that this policy, not law, but policy is a negotiation tool for financing tRumps wall, trying to get the democrats to approve funding. Article was an msn post that came through my facebook feed, it was entitled "We are better then this" observations from a doctor who toured the holding facility.

It pauses me to see it or watch it on MSNBC... it’s a killer as I love children

I’m not sure if this Pres. And his Admin. Are any better and this reflects badly on we Americans

The whole of it is a human right violation and equally violates our constitution. The separation of children from their families is an anathema. How Christians can remain silent is reprehensible and hypocritical to their teaching of Christ which I’m no expert on. However the Catholic Church is reving up. This great country murdered nearly a million NA, had slavery and still does in many forms, Manzanar , The Rosenbergs , and mass shootings on a routine based.... oh the murder of 5 journalists

@Millerski25 I will be the first to say that this country needed a awake up call to many issues. We have gotten fat. lazy and complacent. But this is not a wake up, it's a nightmare, revelation by revelation it is getting more reprehensible.

Sessions quoted the Bible today in order to justify this. Crazy

His bible and his participating in this act against humanity.. there are those who won’t forget

@Millerski25 I feel so incredibly sad for our country. How can this happen? Our current administration is so heartless. And the Supreme Court! How they uphold this travel ban? Seems to me that this country has become ruthless.

Asswipe.

@SheBeSecular I would have thought Keebler would have fired him by now 🙂

This situation is one of the worst horrors and moral inactions in this country. Any country that treats children, the elderly, and the disabled in immoral ways is not great, it is a nation floundering.

Our ship has been aground for 18 months or maybe more thanks toPres Treason

The moral crisis of late is removing kids from their parents! Illegals have kids that are born here maybe wife is legal so we have more single parents with kids trying to make a go of it. Then we are seperating children from parents who are coming to save their lives. But then a woman was murdered just laying the grass, a man supposively commited suicide stting a cell. this inhumane actions by the republican led goverment

I could not agree with you more, grand slam

So far, they have absolved him of ANY responsibility, but they do approve of his stand on LGBTQ, abortion, racism, religious repression, women's rights, income inequality, health care, inequitable taxation, and others. They just don't admit it or talk about it.

Or even just the right remains silent.

Good article. The origin of this migrant crisis is the US support for dictatorships and death squads In Central America...

This is some people don't think about. How the Clinton administration (and those afterwards) supported far right governments that used torture and murder.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106940
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.