Agnostic.com

14 2

Last social media date

So how long has it been since you got a date from a social media site?

• 7 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 16 votes
JohnBeret 5 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have met and became friend with many people I began a relationship on social media but so far I have never dated one.

It's been 18 years and some change since my very first date with a person I met online. He and I are still together.

The next one will be my first one. ☺

lol me too

Just last month, I guess I'm still on 1 or 2 sites but I don't pay. I get a message about every other month or so and I do answer them back but usually it turns out they have some unresolved issues.

It has been a long time since I have been on a date at all. I have pretty much given up on it at this point.

More than a month, less than a year. It was January this year. She seemed more interested in talking to the female bartender than me. 😛

How long?... Joined March 25... So adding 3 and carry 2 give me a total of 80 days and pocket change. it's not that long really, why does it feel like forever then?

I had a date with a gal I met on match back in 2005

At 45, I think there are only weirdos and people with issues left. Most guys want to share naked pictures and it goes from chatty to graphic in a few sentences. Also lots of fake profiles with men from other countries who pretend they are Ned Johnson or something American sounding. They give you a sob story and ask you to wire them money.
It’s a waste of time.

Livia Level 6 June 15, 2018

Gee @Livia who have you been talking to?

I've heard these horror stories from women I talked to online. Makes the good guys back off from dating sites.

I have a big date on Sunday actually with a guy I met on here. we have been talking for a few weeks and finally get to meet face to face.

So how many other women is he dating?

Decades? It usually doesn't make it much past the first meeting & now even those are rare, it would be nice to just meet pp ran upon in public but with the current social climate it has gone from hard to just shy of impossible.

I met a fellow on Craigslist about three years ago. I went out with him a couple of times and we became facebook friends but nothing became of the relationship then. A few weeks ago we reconnected. I'm wondering if it will be better the second time around.

After reading your bio...maybe you are too smart to date! Lol. That is some list..,

I toned it down some.. learning chinese and starting a swing punk band now.

@JohnBeret son, you are too much!!! I hope the right and perfect love finds you, no matter how smart you are!

I must make more of an effort! People that I know spent many a ‘quick meet,’ for coffee, etc, before they found someone to date! I work hard every place else, but for some unknown reason...that IS really hard work, that I keep avoiding!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.