Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Sessions cites Bible to defend separating immigrant families

Religion being used again...

Krish55 8 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As good a rationalization as any. We are working extra hard, it seems, to create the next generation of terrorists. Does our government think those children will have happy memories and thoughts of the good old U.S.of A.?????

Excellent point! Very insightful!!

HIs citation was basically that you must always obey the government because it's ordained by god. And there IS a blanket justification for 100% of anything a government does in the Bible. This is a perfect illustration of the harms inherent in religion. Imagine having god's backing for anything you want to do as a government official.

There are of course conflicting commands in there too, such as to be kind to widows and orphans. But that's not something Sessions can hide behind, so he doesn't mention it.

Besides, little-known fact: the thing about taking care of widows and orphans is limited to YOUR tribe's widows and orphans. God MAKES widows and orphans when it comes to, say, commanding the utter annihilation of opposing tribes in the OT.

Sarah Sanders says same thing. Saw these articles yesterday. Hey politicians ever hear of separation of church and state? These people? make me so ? I can feel the hate bubbling up inside me. I don’t like the feeling.

So apparently religious freedom means being free to be as inhuman as possible, while fostering fear of the 'other'. Funny how the gods of the religious always conveniently support their prejudices.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:107352
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.