Agnostic.com

9 0

Where is the Bible in the Library?

I never thought about it before, but; where is the Bible in the Library? Is it in with the Biographies, History, Literature, Science? Or is in the Fiction section???

farmboy2017 7 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting fact. My mother's has worked for the library for 25+ years. The Bible is the most stolen book from the library.

I've always said it should be in the Fiction section.

Books are listed by call numbers. Religion is 200; the bible is 220. Religion is listed as nonfiction. I suppose books are classified as the authors claim the book--fiction or nonfiction. If it's claimed to be true, it will be classified as nonfiction. If it is claimed as a novel or story, it is classified as fiction. If someone writes a story about UFOs and says it is true, it will be under nonfiction.

Hope this helps.

It belongs in the roundfile

It's under "B" for "Bullshit" 🙂

Speculative fiction?

Hopefully not to far from the Necronomicon!

Usually in the section dedicated to religion or religious studies. Or at every hotel in America....

That's too funny!

I don't know. Maybe between Bombastic & Bullshit?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.