Agnostic.com

12 3

What Is The Best Advice You Have For New Members To Agnostic.com Members?

We are constantly getting new members here in our community. Please comment with some good advice to our new members so they can get understand what our community is about.
#newbie

twshield 8 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't send dick pics! ( I'm just channeling one of the earlier discussions we had here)

Be nice. Do no harm. Wear sunblock.

Lot of great feed back here.. take their advice along with the fact that if you are here trolling, scaming or have some hidden agenda that is not for the good of this site or religious, you are not going to get far with anyone. This is not a site for that. Share thoughts and comments and remain civil.

Be Courteous and respectful of others belief systems-whatever they are. @twshield you already do that.

join and follow your nose but just remember the name of the site.

Try to understand a little bit about quantum

Enjoy the company !
You've just made a connection with some real interesting people !

• Remain civil in disagreements, and supportive of others' struggles, and you'll get the most out of your time here.
  • Don't jump to judgement, at least without first understanding the other person's perspective.
  • Keep a sense of humor. That's just good advice for life in general.

Sage advice.

Read profiles. Comment on posts, questions, polls and links. Make posts creative. Be respectful.

Be yourself... express yourself... but of course there is that... what is your motivation? being the most likeable person? flat out dating? say anything that will endear you? Honesty is a commodity so often traded in our society and we are not exempt from that reality we are living in. But I believe that this could be a Special Kind of Group of Human Beings... Hormones Exposed or Not. We are at the Beginning!!!! We are the Explorers... We are the Pioneers... Is Up to Us To Make This Group The Best Little Secret in the Internet!!! Not Trying to get any "brownie points". But our honesty about what we no longer believe on... Got us here!

Be polite. Respect all those that are in here. Don't be judgemental. Remove those that attack and are abusive.

Be active in chat? It would depend on what someone's goal is. Dating, socializing, etc.

Gener Level 5 Dec 27, 2017

I think it applies to both. In looking to date, it's beneficial to get to know someone through the threads chat before connecting otherwise. Not only does that let me get to know someone first, but I get to filter out the "flirt to convert" element.

What's "flirt to convert" element?

That reminds me of when I toured the Mormon square in SLC, all of their tour were guided by 3 or 4 foreign women doing their mission (mine were Chinese, Norwegian, Korean and a New Zealander). At the end of the tour, they invite the visitors to hang out and chat with them if they want to. I talked with the Kiwi a bit, but it was clearly a trap to continue the recruitment pitch.

Anyhow, I don't think anyone here is looking to get convinced in anyway to convert to some religion, I think we're wayyyy past that. ;-p

Well, private chat is private. Public chat is public. Big difference. 😉@twshield

@Gener, I think we're way past it as well. Very past it. Very, very past it. (^.^)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.