Agnostic.com

16 2

What's your desire for a relationship or partner?

• 4 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 38 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 3 votes
AwarenessNow 8 June 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just feel like it's time. I'm in a good place. No one is making demands on me, no one needs my attention. I have money and time and peace of mind. It's been a long journey and I don't know exactly when I arrived at this juncture. lol But, if it happens, great, and, either way, I'm a good companion for myself. 😉

I am waiting to get a humanoid robot like Dato.

I have meet this couple recently at my neck of the woods bar. They are regulars having dinner, couple of drinks and most importantly, they light up the place in a very special way words cannot describe. They look good together. Its everything, the way they talk to each other and everyone, their poise, they plain and simple radiate happiness. I asked them once and he explained it in very simple words, and I quote "sssshit, ain't like doing anything without her !!!!" and she just smiled so smitten and lovely..... That's what I would love to have ........

I'm not even surprised when I find out a woman has never gone 6 months without a relationship. I'm sure there are plenty of men like that, statistically it should roughly match up or maybe that's where lots of men cheat?

I'm an extrovert who has gotten tired of people. The dog park today was an excellent example, a conspiracy nut atheist who talks my ear off was drowned out by an attractive woman who dominated everything. I never had the chance to see how hot she is, she never shut up! I know all about her dog's surgery years ago, her car repairs, her dead husband and I doubt she knows my name.

My standards are idiotically high because I'm happy with who I am solo, but I'd definitely prefer an athletic, nerdy, kind woman to share my life with.

[agnostic.com]

Beware of those who already have your future planned out from the first date...

@Louise1920 lol, not sure what in my post brought that out, but every one of my male friends who was single in their late 20-40 had a women tell them they wanted to be married AND pregnant within 2 years.

A few wanted the same thing and only is already divorced

Mostly it's the transition between the getting in and outs of my relationships that are hard. Seems to be a dichotomy of contentments. Single vs taken. And at least for where I'm at right now I'd like to share life with somebody to find an understanding ear.

I spend some time from time to time thinking about why relationships are so hard to get into, and so hard to get out of.

I'm seeking an athletic, intelligent man with a great sense of humor who treats me with respect and kindness. Shared recreational activities are a bonding experience for couples. That's why I want a man who also loves hiking, and only shoots with a camera.

Although I'm a great cook, I'm not willing to do all of the meal planning, preparation and cooking. Everyone loves hearing those magic words: "Dinner is served."

Loving relationships work best when we add a certain spirit, an attitude of goodwill. I wouldn't know a grudge if it mugged me.

I miss the tender touch, laughter, conversation, intimacy, teamwork and fun of a committed, loving relationship.

When you(in your case) find a Man who meets your standards,never let him go,far too many women are looking as you are,the competition must be fierce.

Everyone has a list of standards a mile long, but how many have a list of what they have to offer? The imbalance is palpable.

I have spent an inordinate amount of time alone while in a relationship to seek one for the sake of not being alone. I know easily and sometimes quite satisfactorily on my own. That being said, I am a creature of passions, affection and strong bond, I haven't closed off the possibility that a person exists who gets it. I'll just proceed, without the breath holding, and see.

Yeppers. Well said

They would have to be a left wing, vegan adonis who likes older women. It's not gonna happen lol.

@SACatWalker

Ha ha!

I'm happy single but I want to meet the right person to share my happiness with him, to build something together.

I honestly can't visualize a place for a partner in my life these days. Watching my friends relationships stuggles just makes me vicariously annoyed. I've become a grouchy old lady set in my ways, I guess.

I can't imagine you being grouchy.

@SACatWalker hahahaha. Only over text.

I want a best friend that I can live with and love emotionally but has their own space. I'm not a snuggler, physical contact makes me uncomfortable.

So,being hugged,touched, or a gentile caress would make you run and hide somewhere? Something in your childhood was very traumatic ?

@Louise1920 I have a very long history of abuse. Even my family and friends I can only touch for a very small amount of time. But if I'm feeling a need of human contact I might keep a finger or two touching someone

@LadyAlyxandrea Sad,to miss out on the healing abilities of the Human touch, Have any kids? Wouldn't your instincts overide your aversion to touching them?

@Louise1920 I do not want kids

@LadyAlyxandrea Yes a good choice,you could carry into another generation of abuse unknowingly.

Having been single for more years than I like now--I was previously married in a long-term relationship lasting over seven years--I've come to realize that I'm better off alone than in an unhealthy relationship, and that I can use the time I'm single to focus on and develop my own life so that I'm more confident in who I am. I wish that enlightenment took earlier in my life, but I'm a big advocate of doing the work now to improve the odds for a future with lasting love and companionship.

You make mistakes by needing someone

[agnostic.com]

Kinda torn between 3rd and 4th choices. I voted for 3. Happy to be alone, but willing to see if there's a partner full time, part time or occasionally that would enhance my already idyllic life.

I would prefer a relationship, but not just for the sake of being in one. I have been single half of my adult life. Not my preference, but l do know how to do this.

Relationships can't be forced. And I also can't imagine being in a relationship just so you are not alone.

It is amazing how many people end up or stay in relationships because they just do not know themselves and cannot do the alone. Alone does not necesarily mean lonely.

@KArm absolutely!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109461
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.