Agnostic.com

9 6

A Conversation with Forever

When I was a teenager living in NJ, I knew a couple who first met on a train in September and married in December. When I asked, "wasn't that too soon? You two barely knew each other." The wife asnwered me, "do you really know anyone?" She later said, "our marriage started out having a conversation and after 50 years, we're still having a conversation. I don't want to ever know my husband fully. After 50 years, I learn something new about him every day." She told me, "don't allow time to be your prison."

I'll never forget that conversation.

Sapio_Ink 7 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I messaged Mary on Plenty of Fish one day. Traded messages for a few days. She disappears for a few days. One day I'm getting gas at the station by her place, she's sees me and sets back up her account and contacts me. A few days later we do a movie. Other than her stopping to get cloths after work for a couple weeks, we've been together ever since. 4 years now. Life is great! We've been together 4 years and not one argument or even really a disagreement.

My song titled "When time is a prison" cost me the divorce. I never wrote nothing that pretty to her and she knew it wasn't for her. So time could be salvation too.

Life is fleeting. Do what is comfortable for you.

most definitive!

My first husband proposed after knowing him for three days. We were married about a month later. A little over a year later he blocked my way out of the room, loaded a 12 gauge shotgun, cocked it and pointed it less than 6 inches from my head.

I think you folks already know he's not my husband anymore.

For me it was 5 weeks.

brilliant

It's true that we never really KNOW someone - no matter how long they've been in our lives, or in what capacity.

So much of us can be hidden away . Or certain facets of us only revealed to certain people under certain circumstances.

That really is a great way to deal with relationships especially marriage. It's amazing to me how simple and profound that is. Thanks for sharing.

SamL Level 7 Dec 27, 2017

That's quite cute - still not convinced marriage is a good idea though

Any major life choice doesn't always work for all of us.
And it's ok !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.