Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’ - The Washington Post

I've heard it said that Laura Bush leans democratic and often disagrees with her husband's politics. She definitely disagrees with Trump's policies.

ballou 8 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is about time that a republican spoke up they are afraid of trumpie

Marine Level 8 June 18, 2018

It's not Trump policies. Which part of trying to get into the country without following standard immigration policies is not clear? Media keeps bombarding everyone to trigger emotional responses. You are being manipulated. If you truly believe you are not then by all means go to the border, work with immigration to save a bunch of them. Explain how you will file the paperwork and that you are willing to open your heart, your home, your time and your bank account with no subsided gov monies for years to come until you help them become citizens, give them shelter and education so they will assimilate and contribute to society. My point is, this is not just a simple matter of how dare they split families !!!!... It's way more complex and immigration law must be enforced the same for everyone.

Wow...you still fit into that Gestapo suit?

@AnneWimsey and here we go with the Germans again. Emotions, that's all. This immigration stuff has been happening forever. You really need to ask yourself why now and be honest about it. There are plenty of good people doing things the right way. This country is so generous, it keeps granting Citizenship on regular basis to the ones willing to comply. Why can't anyone understand any exception is nothing but a slap in the face to all law abiding citizens and the ones working onto becoming one? The whole agenda is politics, not humanity as many think. And with all the respect, I do believe you should leave Germans out of this.

@IamNobody they Are trying to get in properly, presenting themselves at border crossings, then get "treated" like this! These are 90% or better trying to do it the way our laws proscribed! That is why it is so horrible! Gestapo tactics Is applicable here, you need to brush up on the facts and decide whether you are a human being or a punitive SOB.

@AnneWimsey I haven't (and I won't) use that kind of language. That being said, how are they doing things properly by presenting themselves at the border? You cannot even get on a plane to many countries if you don't have a proper visa. It's NOT just a matter of propely showing unannounced at the border. Again, emotions are being used to move an agenda forward. I know you cannot and won't see it because you have decided you don't want to see it. I'll ask you one more time, how many are you going to take under your wing?

@IamNobody ummm, if you are penniless and terrified, you are not going to be able to get a lawyer to help you get a visa....many of these people have Walked 1,000 miles or more, with what they have on their backs, and peacefully presented themselves at the designated border crossings asking for asylum. This is a legally recognized way to enter this country, used thruout our history. Since our entire population is immigrants of one generation or another, except for Native Americans, my guess is we have room. In fact, wasn't it just a few months ago Paul Ryan and his ilk were saying we needed to have more workers...oh, but they wanted White babies.......

@AnneWimsey you can keep saying as many times as you want, that won't make it true. And I quote what you have said "This is a legally recognized...." No, it is not legal to try enter the country that way and I don't even understand when you say that it is recognized. It is recognized obviously only by you but that doesn't make it right. Its as simple as homeless walking into your house "because it is legal and recognized". Have you let any homeless take over your house and be ok with it? They are penniless too. Immigration is a procedure with laws and requirements, its not about feeling sorry for them, which at the end of the day does not help anyone. I understand your anguish and all, unfortunately its only words from you and, as I have said many times now, a media political agenda.

@IamNobody You really need to check your facts. It is legal to apply for assylum at designated locations. [immi-usa.com]

She is a classy lady and former educator. She knows Herr trump is a POS.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.