Agnostic.com

13 4

The Multiverse: Yes or No?

Do you think the Multiverse (consisting of multiple universes) exists? Why or why not?

• 25 votes
  • 4 votes
CarolE52 3 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As NDT said, creation (not the god related creation) as we understand it doesn't appear to make one of anything, why should it make only one universe?

ipdg77 Level 8 June 22, 2018

The idea of a multiverse fits a set of equations that gave birth to this idea. It is a fun idea -- I like sliders. But it states that every action creates a new universe. So I move my arm from my keyboard to my nose -- how many air molecules have I disturbed? Millions. Of universes from that motion. Okay. So let's say that it is a 'major event'. Does that mean that I turning right or left creates a universe. My event is major? What about Hitler who impacted millions of people? Does a person on another planet consider that a major event is his existence. Does our star exploding constitute a major event-amongst the billion, billion, billion galaxies of start? I think that this idea is simply thinking we are the center of the universe.

xyz123 Level 7 June 21, 2018

wHY NOT

Marine Level 8 June 21, 2018

because the chance of all the conditions to be exactly right for the big bang are very slim. If there were thousands or more universes, the probability of universes existing at all are increased.

I just like convoluted mathematical equations 🙂

With the right skewed equations, you can give "evidence" of anything. It isn't a proof and doesn't give me any reason to believe it's more than speculation. Lack of evidence against something is not evidence for something - it's merely a lack of evidence

Bubble universes best way of looking for an answer. Wish I was going to be here when one day they will discover life somewhere else.

I mean the potential is just rad and the theory is entertaining. Not much evidence. Just a guess but it just doesn't feel real enough. Also I think its funny how it looks like people are voting yes because they want it to be true.

tiny.cc/realityis

It certainly has to be considered, i voted yes.Multiple Dimensions, Multiverses are a real possibility.

Coldo Level 8 June 18, 2018

Some of the math seems to indicate yes, and there is no evidence to indicate no, so i am tentatively on the yes side.

The microwave background radiation map is thought to contain a "bruise" which may indicate an overlap of at least one other universe. investigation is ongoing,

I think black holes lead to a tunnel into another universe but that is just a guess. Obviously, there is a lot that science still doesn't know, and won't know for a long long time. The great hayday for physics was probably the first half of the 20th century with nuclear, relativity, and quantum physics. The forefront of science now is biological like genetics, and brain activity, and stem cells. One question that I see often in debates between creationists and atheists is the question "why is there something instead of nothing?"
Another interesting concept that, to me, is amazing is life itself. The second law of thermodynamics says that all matter tends toward disassociation. Rocks break down, gases and liquids disassociate. However, life runs in the opposite direction. When the earth coalesced about 4.5 billion years ago, it must have been sterile. At some point some inorganic molecules got together and self replicated. We are made of inorganic chemicals like carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, etc. but yet we live and even reproduce.
Of course, life could have come from outer space, as we are all stardust anyway.
sorry to get off the subject.

Grecio Level 7 June 18, 2018

We can’t be the only ones. Space is so vast.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.