Agnostic.com

37 13

Religious Homosexuals

Why are there gay people who are religious?

If god's word states in Romans that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination. Why on earth are there homosexuals who still workship him? Just because in most verses in the Bible god claims to love his people does not mean he accepts your lifestyle. You can't focus on the pretty stuff. This concept of god is man made because there is no consistency in gods word. Now there are churches accepting homosexuals. So religion is man made organization. Am I the only one who thinks it's all bullshit?

Tendix 5 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given that religion is bullshit to begin with, you should hardly expect consistency out of it.

I think that churches seek out gays for their monetary donations. most gays are very generous people

Gay people have always played roles in society as priests as artists as healers or truth tellers..this is acceptable in many cultures such as some polynesian societies or for example the hopi culture..i think the gay gene would not exist if it did not provide a social benefit..

Zeta Level 3 June 20, 2018

The Church has been one of the few safe places in society for centuries, pedophiles are also welcome and bastards of the wealthy of course.

Honestly I think if there is a God/Godess....they we be offended by religion. Religion teaches we have "free will" and were created uniquely so why would a creator dictate rituals for all? That is in direct contradiction to free will and what about love being the most important or not to judge others? Religion is the worst thing that ever happened and gives a potential creator a bad name!

you are all missing the fucking point, ,,,,,stop quoting the fucking bible for Christ sake, and start thinking for your fucking self, ! (those among you with any intelligence will see the irony) x

We have a similar dysfunction here in the UK - working-class Brexit supporters - so in love with the bauble of closed borders and caps on immigration that they fail to see how that is utterly self-defeating in terms of trade.

Remember the two words that keep 95% of people in the Republican party:

Cognitive

Dissonance

I know a guy who is a gay Christian, a virgin and deeply torn about his homosexuality.

IMO he creates so much stress, it eats away at him and daily life is difficult bc of his inner turmoil.

I never got it. Ever.
Someone asked me to pray with him once. I thought he was joking. "Are you a televangelist now?"
He wasn't, and he was offended. I was annoyed.
"I don't get on my knees for THAT"
End of acquaintance-ship.

Gay religious Christians are the ultimate oxymoron. They must really, really want to belong.

As you can tell by this Agnostic or Atheist site. You are not alone! Indoctrination has a lot to do with why gay individuals still want to believe and worship. You'd have to ask the same question of black people also, because the god of the bible condones slavery!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110225
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.