Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Church charges brought against Sessions – The United Methodist Church

What do you think of this action? If the Church court finds him guilty, how will they enforce the ruling since they don't employ him directly?

Humanlove 7 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope this isn't a bluff and they follow through on it if Sessions tries to call their bluff.

The proposed charges against him are one or more of "child abuse, immorality, racial discrimination, and the dissemination of false doctrine (for example, using Romans 13 to justify the family separation policy)". It's a nice start.

It's going to take a lot these kinds of moral stands to even begin to restore the moral authority of the church and bring back even a shadow of the respect people used to have for them.

Jeff Sessions Church protests against Church Member POS Jeff Sessions. I personally thing he should be lynched and hung by the balls.

It will mean that there are religious followers who do not like him. He is supposed to be person of faith. Kind of places him in a bad place and others may follow and want him gone.

I think the Methodist church thinks this will lead Sessions to change his mind. That's not going to happen. He's a "christian" like I'm a member of the Olympic swim team (I don't swim and I'm fat). Just because I join doesn't mean I can practice with the team, or hit any of its targets. Like many southerners, he goes to church (if he goes at all) to see and be seen, not because he believes or wants to adapt his behavior to its expectations.

Excommunication, or whatever this sect calls it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.