Agnostic.com

28 4

Would you buy 'Made in America' even when it would be more expensive than a comparable product?

How patriotic are you?

atheist 8 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The strength of a nation-state is twofold: the capacity to commit to sustained-violence outside of its respective borders; the ability to produce and thrive within its own borders with access to the limited resources there.

Our ability, as a nation state, to sustain violence outside our borders is controlled by China...ironically also because China almost owns the threshold 48% within our borders (The support of our national debt being invested by China).

I do it all the time (when I can). It has little to do with 'patriotism.' It has a lot to do with pragmatism. Buying products made with hard earned labor benefits all of us in this country. Buying cheaper stuff harms the American laborer. Unfortunately, it is sometimes hard to get things made in this country.

For me the answer is fairly simple and it comes down to quantity versus quality. It is better to pay more for a product that is going to last longer and it saves time and the expense of having to replace it more frequently....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11091
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.