Agnostic.com

15 4

LINK Rory Feek Accepts His Lesbian Daughter; Now Christian Stores Won’t Sell His Book – Friendly Atheist

Country western artist accepts his daughter coming out as a lesbian... He says Christian book stores now won't stock his book.

DGJ0114 7 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know this won't be very popular on here but I will accept a lesbian daughter before I would a gay son and here's why. A lesbian can one day change and find a man who is willing to marry her and provide me with grandkids. However no woman with any sense will want to marry a man who used to get more πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†than she has got.

" They’d rather Feek treat his daughter horribly, or at least lie about his own life story, than sell a book in which he honestly describes the struggle he had reconciling his love for his daughter with his theology." Well, that says it all, doesn't it?

Christians think that their opposition to LBTQ community will make any diferrence in this world all that it will accomplish is to speed up their demise. Rory and his former wife, Joey, were great Christian entertainers, I used to listened to them. Just because I'm an atheist does mean I won't listen to Gospel tunes I love music, Hell I don't drink but listen to drinkin' and cheatin' songs. one day a rock-N-Roll song I heard will apply to them "Na-Na-Na-Na Hey-Hey'a goodbye"

The more hate Christianity has, the more fun it will be to watch die. Hopefully it starts with the next generation, just real shaming left and right. I hope to see religion ridiculed by 2030. Those people deserve to feel ashamed.

That shows that Christians are biggest group of hypocrites out there.

She's his DAUGHTER of course he loves and accepts her. That's what the love of a father for his daughter is.

Well, what it should be, anyway.

What does it matter if she has a girlfriend or a boyfriend, a wife or a husband?

They really are scum at times. Demanding that everyone practice the harshest tenets of the crappest parts of the holy text.
Who springs to mind with that description? For me it's Wahabi Islam.
Destroy everything that smacks of beauty, compassion, love to demonstrate your faith by hurting yourself as much as possible in the name of god. That it hurts others on the way is a good thing as it demonstrates that they didn't love god enough.
Oh yeah, this shit is as self-centered as it gets despite it's outward focus.

Nothing says love like shunning!

If he has any sense.....he'll be an atheist within 2 years.

Most homophobia is linked to religion - and cake makers.

There is a verse in the wholly dribble somewhere:"Blessed are the cake makers". Isn't there?

Cometh the day of judgement the horned beast shall ariseth from his slumber and have those cakemakers. And eat them too.

@rainmaker-47 I think it's "Blessed are the cheesemakers."
It's not meant to be taken literally, it refers to any manufacturer of dairy products.

@Paul4747 Sarcasm isn't always obvious!!! LOL

It's probably a "freedom of religion" thing. Backed up by a verse from the wholly dribble but for some reason I can't find it.

When religions become hate groups.

Gareth Level 7 June 20, 2018

Is it unexpected? Another reason religion needs to go the way of the Dodo, it denies people's humanity.

Sounds about right.

Isn't that strangeπŸ™‚

EdEarl Level 8 June 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.