Agnostic.com

7 12

LINK Earthships: Meet a Community in New Mexico Living in Incredible Off-The-Grid Homes Built From Trash | Colossal

@girlwithsmiles these are some twisty buildings too. If you google Taos earthship images you can see more of the structures. THis is more about function

btroje 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like this guy and many of his concepts. He's so .... unconventional.

I lived in Taos in the 90's. It is a pretty amazing community. Mike Reynolds came up with the design. My brother lived in a Reynolds house made out of beer cans. It was really cool.

yes. I like the way the area looks. I find the comments about it being a trashy place puzzling. I posted more related to the style of construction. I like the idea

the way to make humanity earth-friendly.

Beautiful...

They are great homes designed to be off-grid.

EdEarl Level 8 June 19, 2018

Awesome!

These places look cool, but the community seems to sustain itself mostly by outside donations. It's really frustrating to me, because they talk like they are self sufficient, but they really aren't

Is that in this video? I mostly look at it for the structures.I don't live in an earthship but I have a passive solar house and catch rainwater. I don't have utility bills but I do have to buy other things.I really hadnt heard claims beyond the house being self sufficient

@btroje it's not in the video. I did a lot of research on this community almost, wow, I guess fifteen or twenty years ago. At that time, at least, they claimed to be a fully self sufficient community, but it turned out there were a lot of rich kids pumping money into the place (because ideology) until their parents finally had enough.

@CraeftSmith Maybe it has changed. I havent heard anyone talking about it as a cohesive community like that. I think of it as a freaky subdivision

@btroje ah, well that is nice. It would be a really fun subdivision

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.