Agnostic.com

1 0

What sense takes you where?

I've spent the last two days trying to replicate a recipe and I just can't get it how I remember it.
while doing this I've been pondering over those times in my life when a taste, smell or sound has transported me back in time to a specific moment in my history. There's a specific taste that sends my mind to a cold rainy day in 1994 eating samosas in the back of my fathers car, a perfume that when I smell it I can see my late friends smile and hear her laugh.
So what takes you where? and have you got any recipes you could send me? I'm having no luck with this one.

Dav87 6 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lavander...mom used sachets in all our drawers...and I do the same...makes me feel like she is closer....what kind of recipes?

Aw that's sweet, I used to cut lavander and put it in my van to get it smelling nice.
I try to collect recipes from everywhere I go, I love cooking cultural dishes, if you've got one from wherever you are in the world that has a story attached to it I'd be most grateful!

@Dav87 okay....how about mom's black beans ..Brazilian national dish is feijoada...but she could make plain and YUM...

@CeciRosane60 I've been looking around at recipes for feijoada all morning and it sounds stunning, I think I'll be giving it a go next week. Thank you so much!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.