Agnostic.com

11 4

Road Rage by Trump Supporter

Yesterday an old redneck man in an enormous, black truck nearly sideswiped my car.

"BITCH!" he yelled. I didn't hear everything he hollered.

I was dumbstruck. Was he upset by the "Washington State Democrat" bumper sticker in my rear car window?

Your thoughts?

LiterateHiker 9 June 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are a polarized society and there are some very strong feelings out there. I think this is about protecting one's way of life - one's reality. Our country is changing. Our demographics are changing. And there is a lot of fear out there, which Trump so deftly capitalizes on. Of course, it is also possible that this guy was just not mentally stable or perhaps he had a REALLY bad day. It may be just as telling that you thought he was responding to your bumper sticker, although that is my guess too. I'm sorry you had to go through that. It reminds me of a time I was going to meet President Bush 🥀 - He was giving a policy speech at a largely underserved middle school I did a lot of science education for. I forgot, as I drove through the layers of Secret Service, that I had a bumper sticker on my car which read, "Regime change begins at home". Fortunately, nothing became of it. Whew!

I grew up in your neck of the woods. Most of my family is still there. I am the black sheep who comes "home" a few times a year when politics and religion are forbidden subjects during my visits (their choice). You are in hostile country in some ways, but you have to hold your ground there are supporters around, most keep their head down most of the time. Be who you are you are you are
not alone! Most of the people are not violent beyond words, but I know it is difficult to experience. I'll be coming over next month for a visit and some Red Cross training, perhaps I'll give them something to distract them for a while.

They talk about "free speece' but they usually mean their free speech. Anyone with something different to say is fair game. You do live in a conservative area. These people are touchy and sometimes violent.

I'd just let it go... Like flatulence when you're all alone; who cares?

I need more information.

Remember that when someone calls you something bad that that is within them and they are telling you what they are and how they see themselves. They of course have no realization of this so it is not needed to tell them this. They may figure it out sometime in the future, but that is their problem.

If this happens again try to get the license number.do not make any effort towards him as that could be seen as a challenge. Watch to make sure he is not following you and if he does DO NOT STOP OR GO HOME GO TO THE POLICE, CALL THE POLICE, Going home tells him where you live. Stopping gives him a chance to harm you.

If this happens again try to get the license number.do not make any effort towards him as that could be seen as a challenge. Watch to make sure he is not following you and if he does DO NOT STOP OR GO HOME GO TO THE POLICE, CALL THE POLICE, Going home tells him where you live. Stopping gives him a chance to harm you.

No you were a women

Sorry a woman

Definately, that's the idiots that vote for Trump. All they want is "Big Guns" plenty "Shooting" And a bit of hate thrown in.

Coldo Level 8 June 21, 2018

Hope you got his license number?

Mitch,

He quickly zoomed away.

I keep my phone in my purse while driving. In Washington State, the law prohibits drivers from holding their cellphone while driving.

[usatoday.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.