Agnostic.com

15 4

Any fellow comic book lovers on this site?

I know. I just unleashed significant other repellent, but comics are a passion of mine that I rarely get to share with folks anymore. Just wondering who else might be a collector.

I see a ton of music posts, and I can talk music all day, especially Beatles music, and pretty much get to do that often with folks. Music is a much more universal art medium than comics. So...where are my fellow geeks at?

Hordo 6 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Beatles have always been my favorite group. My favorite comic is Calvin and Hobbes, and sorry that's about it.

I made this post when I was new to the site and was encouraged by the responses. But since then, I've come to the conclusion that my comic collection is some sort of female repellent, lol. The moment hobbies are brought up and I mention this, it's like all the life and light in a woman's eyes just slowly drains into some Sartrean abyss. Anyone else finding that to be true, or is it just my bad luck that I have yet to meet, in real life, a single woman ever who didn't react like that?

Hordo Level 6 Nov 8, 2018

It's not your comic book hobby, it's them and this site. The only "attractive" males on this site are eggheads in love with themselves. This has never been a meeting place for normal people, which you are. Sorry this response is 4 years late but that's how little this site interests me anymore.

I use to be, but all mine were stolen when a group of my daughter's high school 'friends' broke into our house and robbed us. Neighbors security cam caught them, but all the cops did was tell me to turn it into the insurance company. My gems in the collection was the first 5? Punisher comics, A Dark Knight graphic novel, and lots of early Dark Horse (predator and alien stuff).

My ex-wife and I ran the largest comic shop in our area from 93 till 95. Still have around 100k books plus unopened boxes of M:TG from Alpha to Legends.

I've been enjoying Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic books lately, but I wouldn't call myself a collector, I have half a dozen of the bundles and thats all.

Denker Level 7 June 25, 2018

Yes, I’ve collecting since around ‘83. I first started with X-Men, because of John Byrne, and Spider Man. Over the years I’ve gotten away from the super hero titles and more into Dark Horse, Vertigo and the newer Image titles.

I used to, mostly Marvel but a few Batman and Superman. My rarest item was #1 Spiderwoman but not that collectable so no great shakes there. I wonder if you have a similar gripe. I have not seen any of the Marvel movies so I might be missing something but The Hulk used to be an adversary of The Fantastic Four (or so I thought) and now he's an Avenger (I think). Please re-educate me if I am wrong.

The Hulk was a founding Avenger back in 1963, then had an on-again, off-again relationship as a hero or villain for nearly forever. The movies have reworked origins, for the most part, and are a separate entity from the comics but draw inspiration from all versions of the characters in the comics, whether in the main continuity or the alternate versions set in other universes. They are well worth seeing as they do a great job of bringing the characters to life and entertaining you for two hours at a time.

@Hordo thanks for thst

WOW! Quite a few of us! Personally, I collect a wide variety of titles, mostly DC, but still a few Marvel and independents. I grew up a Marvel fan, and was an avid X-Men collector until college. I had my whole collection stolen when I was abroad studying for my master's degree, and that put me off collecting for a while. When I got back into it, again I was a Marvel guy, but their story-telling has been just plain awful for a while, and what had been my secondary line of comics, Batman, quickly took over. I don't have quite the same value of a collection as I once did, but it's all stuff I really enjoy and I guess that's the most important thing.

Hordo Level 6 June 23, 2018

Yes. Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Spider-Man and Wolverine are my favorites. I've been doing some summer reading with Wonder Woman graphic novels. I'm currently reading Planet Hulk.

I have been reading and collecting comics for about 25 years now

I collect, but not sure I can say I am a fan.

My former employer was the largest retailer of comics in the world. I started investing in them as I became well-versed in them (and now work for a company expanding into them). Sadly, they don't have the collectibility they once had. Still, it is part of my retirement plan.

Ozman Level 7 June 23, 2018

Oh yeaaaaa. Hulk is my favorite, but after that all of the infinity Wars, and then the original TMNT.
I was into spawn and had the first 5 issues, but I lost them in a house fire

I use to. I still have my Spawn comics and Deaths Head. Read Lobo for awhile. I was going to get into the Mass Effect comics but ended up throwing money at X Wing instead.

I was an avid Green Lantern collector from ‘92 until a little over a year after they resurrected Hal Jordan (2007?)

I used to collect Spawn, X-men, and random issues but I haven't done that in years. Probably gonna get back to it though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113395
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.