Agnostic.com

13 0

How do you evaluate the richness (quality of life) of a person?

In other words, what are the essential aspects (materials, emotion etc.) of life that make it complete? Any thought?

AbhishekIUB 4 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The highs and the lows - the joys and the suffering. Someone who hasn't truly suffered has not really lived, similarly someone who hasn't experienced great joy is also incomplete.

Denker Level 7 June 26, 2018

Having a sense of purpose

Happiness.
Once happiness is achieved then that person has true wealth.

So I won't evaluate your quality of life for lack of data or motivation. I do monitor the quality of life of my 3 children for being my responsibility until death do us apart regardless of their age.

Their satisfaction of their own life is the only measure:
Here is an example of what I mean: If you died today would you be satisfied with everything you had? everything you did? everything you didn't have and didn't do? Would you be content? or would you have the desire to change something? That is how you can evaluate your life. and only you can evaluate your life.

The rich never voluntarily give up their wealth. I'd say money opens up opportunities.

I have a strange take on this. I ask myself a simple question: "When I die, who will show up at my funeral and what will they say?" When my father died, a large number of people showed up. People cried. People laughed. People told stories about him. A few years later, I have an uncle who passed away from cancer. His funeral was very different. A few coworkers and family members who basically showed up out of respect. That dichotomy made a big impact on me and how I lead my life.

I've never felt the need to evaluate that in others. I only need to evaluate it for myself.

If you really mean to ask how I determine if a person is trustworthy or honest or something, then that's a horse of a different color. Usually some default level of trust is assumed until proven otherwise, unless the person gives off some obvious odeur de asshat or other red flag. But even those are subjective and error-prone assessments, so I try to make them with epistemological humility and still give the person a chance to live up to the possibility that my initial evaluation was mistaken.

My feeling is that each individual probably has a different blueprint for the definition of life quality.

But in terms of the basics, one thing that I've observed is there seems to be a correlation between kindness and success in life. Romantic couples who are kindest to each other have the most relationship success. Teams at work who treat each other with respect out-perform those that don't.

I think humans are hard-wired for cooperation, so maybe a part of quality of life can be measured in terms of how much time we spend lifting up the people we share the planet with.

Purely subjective.

Liking your self and loving your family ,reasonably good health,empathy for all animals and people that deserve it.Being inquisitive and having a thirst for knowledge . You must be fInancially solvent to have a mind fee of stress .

granny Level 6 June 23, 2018

Maybe achieved goal,books published,leaving his or her mark in history,perhaps a process,not used before,increasing energy output,the list coud go on....

I don't evaluate, I strive to love and accept.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114028
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.