Agnostic.com

4 2

A couple of good reads:

Decoding The Universe by Charles Seife, deals w/ quantum mechanics & information theory, ultimately posing the theory that some information theorists have, that the purpose of everything is the storage of & passing on of information.

Evolution For Everyone, "How Darwin's Theory of Evolution Can Change the Way We Think About Our Lives" by David Sloan Wilson, reveals how understanding evolution sheds light on much more than biological adaptations, including such things as social behaviors.

ElementX74 6 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks
I'll read Evolution For Everyone later this week.

HI andygee, and welcome to agnostic.com! These are great recommendations 🙂

Read it, great book. As part of my alternative transportation bit, I was looking for more detail on how adding organization to a system increases entropy; reflexively, via the thermodynamics link to information theory, it can be established that optimal organization of a transport network means you don't have to drill (and fight) for more oil. Apologies in advance If I'm thinking of a different information theory book. Getting to the "brain like a sieve" stage of life.

Thank you. I think the first one may be a bit above my level of understanding. The second one looks more my level - I'll check it out! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.