Agnostic.com

3 4

In my profile, I say this about my self and religion..
I wasn’t born with the blemish of original sin, I’m not guilty of a fabricated crime committed by a fictitious couple in an imaginary garden. I don’t need to have faith in your mythological god or adhere to your narrow minded religious beliefs. I live my life with dignity and freedom unshackled by the claims of faith, religion and superstition,
What would you say about your position on religion.

Teresa 6 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion was used to control me and I rejected being controlled by anyone-family, friend, lover or medical professional. No one or no belief system is going to set a value system for me. Only education and life experiences have contributed to how I think, believe and take action today.

That it’s ridiculous crap without merit.

I don't believe in talking snakes or any other kind of magical thing, that includes religion, gods, fairies, the Easter Bunny, Santa, ghosts, gnomes of the non ceramic variety, etc. I do believe that there are question as yet unanswered but, that time, science and mathematics will find those answers. I live my life by one simple rule "don't be an asshole".

I agree, although I wonder if your wholehearted confidence in science and mathematics is fully justified — every time science (or math) answers one question, several new ones seem to pop up. I see no reason to suppose that this will stop happening. But it is not a reason for science to stop seeking answers. I speak as a scientist (retired).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11435
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.