Agnostic.com

26 1

Does all life have inherent value?

A follow up thought after I read the thread on euthanasia. And I know this will be a very touchy subject.

Suppose a child is born with severe mental retardation, to the extent that he will always be wheelchair bound, not be able to make conversation or look after himself. In your opinion do you think that his life has innate worth? If a mother euthanised her son in this situation, would you condemn her? He will never contribute to society, he will never start a family and procreate. He would not miss his life, he neither wants to live nor wants to die.

I'm curious to see what others think.

• 13 votes
  • 17 votes
ssjtin 4 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

nature wouldn't hesitate for a second but its one of those questions that makes you realise we are all at least slightly hypocritical.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.