Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK NGOs to Nikki Haley: Not our fault U.S. left U.N. Human Rights Council - POLITICO

Left High and dry Nikki...

Nearly 20 human rights groups defended the United Nations Human Rights Council and disputed U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley's assertion that the U.S. withdrew from the body because the nongovernmental organizations were thwarting American-led reform efforts.

"The decision to resign from the Council was that of the US administration alone," reads the letter signed by Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and 15 other organizations and sent to Haley on Friday. "We had legitimate concerns that the US’s proposal to reopen the Council’s institutional framework at the General Assembly would do more harm than good."...

Lukian 8 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

nazi's hate rights groups

Marine Level 8 June 25, 2018

I am NOT an expert on this subjet. Therefore I have to ask.......The thing that comes to mind....does the US provide a budget for them? If no then stop right here. If yes then... Is it possible the whole thing is now being politicized because of loosing funds (free money) as opposed to real human rights issues?

well NGO means Non-Government Organization. Not clear if some or all receive money from the US government. Lastly, any NGO that have facilitated abortions issues, like Doctors without Borders, had their funding cut the first month 45 took office.

@Lukian and the US is responsible to pay for those abortions because???.....

@IamNobody I said facilitated, meaning involved near or far. The US was not directly founding abortions but in times of war, poverty, famine, violence, I guess abortions occasionally are a solution. NGO are there to help but any that was involved near or far no longer have funding. Several European countries took up the slack on the loss of funding for these NGOs abandoned by the US (I also think Canada is helping as well).

Those devoid of empathy and compassion can't understand why they're being criticised.

Good link. Shared on FB.

It seem that anything the USA does anymore does more harm than good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.