Agnostic.com

2 0

Someone recently asked about the return of the DARK AGES and another commented that we are experiencing the downfall of America. The election of trumper would seem to fit both questions however, I view it like we were again at war . It is not time to give up rather it is time to rally as America has done in the past. Let's not be so quick to surrender to this idiot and the religious right who would prefer to live several centuries past.

Let's be quick to quash the lies,point out the facts and dirty tricks. Please work for a sensible government

"Those who consider themselves to smart to take part in government will find themselves governed by the dumb!"Socrates
This has been a quote come true and it is time to correct the mistake!!!

Marine 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never voted for trump. I knew he was a bully, scratch that, he is a bully. That us how he has conducted his life. I have been victimized by bullies my whole life. I work at walmart and mcdonalds, and many of the customers behave like bullies too. I am finding it hard to be hopeful knowing that trump has empowered the racists, rapists and pedophiles.

Sorry Helen but the republicans want us to believe it was a middle class tax break and that is all they have been yelling for a year!!!

There is nothing wrong with the downfall of America. Every great empire fell. I don't like being the defender of the world. Too many Americans die in protracted wars.
45 most definitely has to go. Hopefully he won't finish his term.

There is plenty wrong with the downfall of America and I will not permit it as long as I live.We have been the backbone of democracy in the world which has prevented many people from living under deranged dictators and assorted nuts. Our democracy runs more like a republic however it has been the coveted nation to be a member of for many members of the world.Yes it requires our nation to be a policeman in the world but that is what comes with being the leader. However, it does not mean we have not made mistake's. I personally would not want to live anywhere else and I am very thankful that I was born in the USA . I served as a Marine and would gladly give my life to protect silly people like you who were lucky enough to be born in this great Nation. As a lucky citizen you too should be working to preserve and improve this country. People like you allowed this idiot to be elected now you want to get rid of him. He is the right person to bring the downfall of our country.!!!!

@Marine We were always a republic. The rights of the individual is paramount. That is the very description of a republic. A pure democracy is the reason Rome fell. I come from a Naval family. Our manners are so much better. We don't call names. Yes, I am lucky to be American. I am so grateful my grandparents came here. Still, I don't want to be the world's policeman. We have been in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria too long. Now we are in Africa. I was born shortly after WWII. Korean War was my young li[agnostic.com], Vietnam was my elder teenage and young adult life. ENOUGH!
I am always working to improve our great nation. In what way did I allow the idiot to be elected?? I campaigned against him. I campaigned for his opponent. Again how did I allow him to get elected. If I were you I would watch the name calling, Not only does name calling make the person appear immature but also you don't know what you are talking about so you call names. Also you do not know to whom you are talking.

war w

My apology I misunderstood what you were saying.I also oppose the Vietnam, Iraq,Syria & Afghanistan wars. We should have never been in any of them and we do not know how to nation build as we have failed in the last 4 attempts.I am sorry that I hurt your feelings. However, I still will not accept the downfall of the USA as the # 1 country and it's policing requirements that come with it. The wars we were in were attempts at nation building in our image and many countries are just not ready, able or want to adjust to our way of life.These should never have even been attempted.. Police actions are completely different and Korea qualified as one.
I am a fifth generation Marine and very proud of it. In all eight of us have served as Marines.It was my understanding that you were putting the USA down by your comments I love my country with it's mistakes and all and therefore I was attacking the idea that someone was putting it down.
As for tRUMP i cannot find words to describe how much I deplore him and his administration.
Again please accept my apology. Semper Fi

HelenMC Please read my apology

@Marine I read and appreciatively accept your apology.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11537
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.