Agnostic.com

31 2

What made you become an atheist?

Pretty straight forward lol

tejay94 3 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Doctors, Lawyers, Priests and Politicians from which all of our immediate concerns and desires are turned into their pleasure for payment.

I could not accept the lies they told! First Jesus died for our sins. What sins do they think I did? 2 thousand years ago no one knew I was going to be born and what sins if any I would do. Total bullshit. Then god is all powerful and all knowing and does nothing! He can be everywere knows everything and still lets children die from nautral disasters, famine and disease. Then the posnious plants and animals from someone who said its a perfect world all bullshit.

Waking up. Listening, watching.

I have never believed there was a God. My mother was religious but I just could not see the reasoning. I believe in cause and effect and purpose. I find none of that in religion. The only effect I can find is negative. Any thing God has done has really been done by humans.

I was lucky, I had WWII European survivors & educators for parents. My childhood was filled with discussions & heated debates of politics, , governments, philosophy, scientific theories ect... I am still dumbfounded by people who have so little knowledge of the world in a world that is filled with vast technologies.

What started me on my path to athiestic thinking was reading Einstein theories as a young teenager. Athiesism became Iron clad when I read of the evolutionary stages from the origional old English version of Charles Darwin "Origion of Species". I proudly state that it took me 2 & a half months for an 18 year old, as I looked up every other word of old english to comprehend Darwins verbaige. I highly suggest it becasue dummified books make you miss much of the meaning of the origional thoughts.

JGul Level 3 June 28, 2018

Went to Catholic school & as a young child, &, as most do, I followed & accepted what I was taught. As I grew older I just couldn't accept the stories I was told, nor the stories of other religions. I went thru a bit of a "New Age" phase in the early '70's, then became what I guess would be a 'quiescent' Agnostic/Atheist phase for many years. I became more & more aware of my stance as I got older & I came into conflict with repressive theistic practices, both political & social. After reading "The God Delusion" & "god is not Great" my activism was sparked.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116412
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.