Agnostic.com

5 1

Why does the US have so many mediocre pizza places?

I've traveled the length and breadth of this country and have concluded that America has far too many pizza restaurants and most of them are bad. What accounts for this? My daughter suggests that they are the only places where Americans can get something resembling fresh bread. What do you think?

Lalo 5 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To go along with all of its oceans of mediocre beer?

Because it's not Italy?

That explains the pizza isn't good, but it doesn't explain there's so much demand for bad pizza.

@Lalo Well that'd be because the people buying it aren't Italian.

to meet the expectations of the American Consumer.

Pizza has lots of cheese. Cheese is made from milk fat. If you want to lower your Cholesterol and A1C, do you think Pizza is right for you? ​

I missed the part where he said he was trying to lower his cholesterol. Maybe he edited his post before I saw it. Hmmmmnnnn......

I LOVE pizza. And I really really love cheese. But, I limit my intake because of calories -- those bastards!

@BlueWave I missed the part about cholesterol too and I'm the one posted it. : )

I'm fine...not diabetic. But I read recently that Pizza can be a problem food. @sarahjustme

No doubt about it...Pizza tastes very good. @BlueWave

That's akin to asking why does Italy have so many mediocre burger joints. Not everybody can do everything well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116973
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.