Agnostic.com

43 5

What is your view on the Right to Die issue?

Cbabcoco 6 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find it a little hilarious that any government thinks it can criminalize it. But I also hate that they do, because it makes it a bit more difficult for those suffering.

So I believe it should be legal for a doctor to prescribe an "easy way out" medicine. However... knowing the system, they would probably find some way of fucking it up.

SirJet Level 5 June 28, 2018

If you don't have the power to end your own life, then your life isn't exactly yours

I believe that people should have the right to die with dignity..

It’s your life. As long as you’re of sound mind, then yes.

I'm for it. My state allows it too.

The state does NOT own my life.

it is your life to choose

I support it. I would much rather die with some measure of dignity than hooked to machines or after years of dementia.

GwenC Level 7 June 28, 2018

My body. My spirit. I decide!

Yes we should have the right to say when we die, where we die and how we die. Those of us who have pets wouldn’t let them suffer and if we did we would be called heartless and the authorities would probably charge us.

It's a symptom of the deficiency in our culture and the utter ineffectiveness of that we have to ponder this as our time approaches. Ironic since all of us will die. Raised in a fundamentalist way that basically stuck their heads in the sand through myths one really believed, I started to wake up as an adult but childhood indoctrination never completely leaves you. Yes, of course everyone should die with dignity unless they forfeit that right by taking it others.

Everyone should have the right to live and die as they see fit.

It's only right.

If you are a stranger, I don't care unless you are a suicide bomber. If you are someone I know and care about I may not respect your right to die. I am selfish that way. Overall I guess I am okay with having right to die. Implementation is the tricky part.

I know I'm going to get a lot of bad comments, but hear me out first. I guess everyone has the right to destroy themselves, but usually it's something minor. That's the cowards way out. Unless it is some severe medical condition, I might understand. Why did Chris Cornell take his life? It's usually a perminent solution for a temporary problem. No honor for them. If you could get into my head for a few seconds, you'd think you'd kill yourself. Not me. I am stronger than that.

I don't think the issue in question is a person walking down the street saying ho hum woe is me. I think the issue has to do with people who are in severe physical pain with no way of recovery or something like that.

@Piece2YourPuzzle I guessed that, but it's so easy to read what they are saying in one sentence! lol Had a classmate of mine blow his brains out because his GF broke up with him. No joke. That's what I'm talking about. 🙂

@TheGreatShadow I definitely think that's a special case and there are other avenues to go down.

The right to die law is in response to people with a terminal illness with no hope of recovery. It’s not the same as blowing you brains out. The two are completely different.

@Piece2YourPuzzle I agree with you 100%. Yeah it's a bummer when you get dumped, but not the end of the world.

I disagree. It takes a lot of courage to end your life. Not to say it doesn’t have a huge ripple effect and cause grief. But few do it because it’s one of the hardest things to do.

Thank all of you for your opinions. I don't understand how such a commonly weighted topic can not be brought into reality....the only factor that negates it seems to be .

It's your ultimate right, not to be exercised without much contemplation. But ultimately your right to exercise if you choose no matter the circumstance. But please don't leave a mess for others to deal with.

Having just watched my beloved husband die with Alzheimers, I am firmly in the right to die camp. It was enough just to get the drs to read and follow my husband's directive and living will.

LouLou Level 4 June 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.