Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To Skotland Skye, the coconut alternative works well for most but the soy yogurt or soy anything is not.Soy interferes with protein digestion, has high amounts of phytic acid and the oil is like trans fat.

Your Dr barnard is an unabashed propagandist for the vegan lifestyle. He's not superhealthy, but I 'm sure he thinks he is. Does he also believe in Angels?

You know what? You are so brainwashed by society that it's pointless to give you any facts because you just throw bizarre things into the arguments. Do you just stalk me on here to argue? Seriously. Also, if you were really concerned with health, you would read all the studies coming out of Harvard, Cornell, and other IVY League schools that say plant-based diets are the most healthy for the human body. Hell, Cornell has a whole department dedicated to promoting plant-based nutrition. But you won't. You may have broken free of religious programming but you are still fully under the control the the Beef Industry and the Dairy Council. Fortunately 6% of all Americans now identify as Vegan or Vegetarian and the plant-based food market is the hottest trend and will continue to be so for the next decade as more and more people see the light and make the switch to being cruelty-free --- for their own health, for the animals who are here WITH us, not for us, and for the health of the planet. I hope that you will open your heart to compassion and change...but, honestly, I am not going to reply to you again. Your attempts at arguing against plant-based living is pointless. You can't stop this train.

Some people can't get free from all the commercials....all the brainwashing....sad, but true.

What do you do if you have an allergy to almonds? Many do!!

There is coconut milk yogurt and soy yogurt too. Are you aware that millions of people have dairy allergies and are lactose intolerant? Fortunately plant-based yogurt, milk, ice cream, and cheeses are readily available for them 🙂

"Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose after infancy. Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities." [ghr.nlm.nih.gov]

Here's some great information for a really Healthy Doctor -- 🙂
[saragottfriedmd.com]

And from Dr. Barnard, MD -- another super healthy Doc ---
“Some foods are fattening. Others are addictive. Cheese is both…Loaded with calories, high in sodium, packing more cholesterol than steak, and sprinkled with hormones — if cheese were any worse, it would be Vaseline.”
NEAL BARNARD, M.D.

[richroll.com]

Photo of top shelf of my fridge right now 🙂

@goldenvalleyguy the chocolate hazelnut mylk is my weakness 🙂

I guess I would be willing to give it a try.

I have to admit I have not tried any alt-milk since trying soy milk years back.

It tasted like baby formula to me and I spit it out.

@goldenvalleyguy I do pay a bit extra for the milk that is supposedly...pasture.

Not sure if that can be verified.

I do know of a verified local source. But i is $10 a gallon and unpasteurized.
And not homogenized.

Yeah.

Not sure this skim milk drinker for 20 years would adapt well to that.

@BufftonBeotch damn! why are you paying that for something that just makes you fat and leads to heart disease? Cow milk is meant for baby cows (calves) to grow them into 800 lb cows. The human body has no more need for cow milk than it does for dog milk or giraffe milk. Also, adults should be weaned from breast milk.

@goldenvalleyguy No. I just could.if I wanted local milk.

I don't think I could drink whole milk I had to shake.

@goldenvalleyguy, @SkotlandSkye I didn't say I payed that. I said I COULD pay that for local milk.

It's whole raw milk. And I have been skim since the '90's.

Can't.

I eat meat and dairy because i'm an omnivore and I like the way it tastes.

Any animal that can digest flesh....does.

@BufftonBeotch so animals should have to endure the suffering of factory farms and the pain and terror of the slaughterhouse because of your taste buds? I can't even understand that thinking. The human body is more than capable of thriving on fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices.....if you can be healthy without inflicting pain and suffering on our fellow Earthlings, why wouldn't you?

@SkotlandSkye yep Goose liver pate tastes way better than tofu and kale.

Sorry

@BufftonBeotch May the universe show you and your family exactly the same kindness and compassion that you extend to your fellow Earthlings.

@SkotlandSkye This is why people hate vegans.

You are just as oppressive in your views as evangelicals.

Maybe back off the asshole of what people choose to eat?

MAYBE!

@BufftonBeotch You continue to choose to HURT and KILL my friends. I only speak the truth. At one age did you become so hateful and insensitive?

@BufftonBeotch

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117926
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.