Agnostic.com

1 2

To all:

I'm walking into 2018 with a clear heart and mind.
I will not lie to myself or others by saying that I'm going to diet and exercise.

I will continue to try eating mostly healthy foods and to cut down the proportions, and keep healthy snacks available, to increase the frequency of my meals, to increase my liquids, and to attempt to inspire myself to move my body as much as possible.

I realize that I'm losing my window of opportunity to participate in the active things of life, and I am going to attempt to do and experience as many things from now on as I possibly can.
I also realize that life is too short for pent-up anger, holding grudges, and extra pain!

If you owe me, write it off and forget about it. (You're welcome).

If I owe you a debt, it is not forgotten, and I will strive to repay.

If you wronged me, you are forgiven - lesson learned.

If you're angry with me, I concede to you, and you win.

If we aren't speaking, its ok, I love you still, and I wish you well.

If you feel that I have wronged you, then I sincerely apologize.

As for my part, I will strive to stop expecting other people to live up to my expectations or to fix whatever is broken in my life. I do realize that most of the pain that I will ever experience in my life is due to my own mismanaged expectations.

I'm NOT the center of anyone’s Universe! I will strive to expect less from you and focus on the fact that if I want something done, that I must look to myself. I will strive to stop expecting others to fix whatever is broken in my life. If I want something done, I do realize that I cannot wait for some rescuer to drop into my lap and solve my problems for me. I am my own rescuer. No-one else is coming. I cannot wait for someone else to drop into my lap and solve my problems for me. I must look to myself.

I will try to remember also, that although people might care enough to listen to me complain, or that their interests might be aligned enough with my own to help me to work through something, they won’t, nor should they care enough though to put my life in front of their own.

I must learn to do this 'happiness' thing alone, and remember that if I try to rely on someone else to make me happy, that I will, inevitably be disappointed. I will strive to stop my own negative thinking in its tracks by taking as much responsibility for myself as possible and taking actions needed to improve my own life. No blame. No finger pointing. Just self-reliance and self-directed action.

I will strive also to re-implement the old values that I grew up with, that have been lost to technology. I realize that a text, a gif or emoji is not the equivalent of "real" face-time.

My house will remain a safe zone and open to others. Good tea, coffee or a cup of hot chocolate can always be on in minutes.

My dining room table is a place of peace and non-judgment. Anyone who needs or wants to chat is welcome at any time. We can talk, share a laugh or two, or just listen. I have food here, or we can always order out, eat, and laugh, or cry together.

There is no good in suffering in silence or having a joy that cannot be shared... I will do my best to be available for you... and you are always welcome!!

Here's to 2018!!!
Let us all remember always to be thankful for all things!

Donna 6 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like that ! I am standing at a major crossroads right now. Your statement is a positive state of mind to focus on as I begin this next phase of life. I am very excited and should probably be scared to death but at this point in my life, after all I have experienced and survived fear and anxiety just have no place in my life. Thanks for your words and sentiment.

Thank you for letting me know that it had a positive influence. I hope it can carry you far.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.