Agnostic.com

7 1

Debate forums on facebook.

I am wondering if anyone else is on the various debate forums? I am a long time member, just curious if anyone can relate to the agony of some of their posts. Truly egregious at times.

• 6 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 7 votes
CreativeOrigin 4 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not on Facebook. It's the surveillance state's favourite keyhole.

If you use the internet at all they are on to you. White, female, middle class (guessing) - you probably don't have too much to worry about from the surveillance state. In fact, you are probably in the best position to subvert it.

@CeliaVL

I suspect my years of left wing comments that I've typed into cyberspace have probably triggered covert software somewhere to create a file on me. I wouldn't be surprised.

@Ellatynemouth I have no doubt there is a file on you somewhere! My first husband and I were in CND from its earliest years and my current husband is a former communist so i am sure we have records!

@CeliaVL

Exactly. That type of thing.

I have a friend who's a communist. Extremely intelligent. His mail is sometimes tampered with.

It's annoying when the state focuses solely on peace activists or environmentalists but ignores racists and neo fascists. The type who plant bombs in pubs.

This is why I've come to the conclusion that the main purpose of the surveillance state is to monitor working class dissent.

I didn't know it was a thing, and I've been on FB for 10 years... I have plenty of heated debates on my page as it is, I have zero interest in putting myself through more misery.

I didn't think about it. It didn't cross my mind that it was a thing.

Never knew they existed and have no interest in participating.

I didn’t know about them

I didn't know there were specific debate forums..I presumed that to inform and to debate were every day integral parts of the whole AGN community anyway.

I am too much of a "you do you and I do me" person to engage in debates of any stripe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.