Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK Christian group sues to overturn conversion therapy bans in South Florida - Metro Weekly

I just spotted this on the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science. It is brought to us by those same fools who use their self-serving interpretation of their Babble and who are applying those same methods of interpreting our Constitution.

JackPedigo 9 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is appalling. These therapists must have a qualification to practice surely. And if so, what is the governing body? I can't imagine the process they undertake to achieve their outcomes. Does anyone know what goes on here?

Since when does a religious group need a qualification for anything? People just look the other way. Is there a course or degree for exorcism? Maybe, one can sue the organization when the 'therapy' fails.

@JackPedigo Is any old Tom, Dick or Harry allowed to practice these types of therapies on US without a qualification, public liability insurance etc. without being sued if the practice is doubtful

I volunteer to go. Just as long as I can bring an AR-15.

Cook them in their own oil...lol.

Why do these people irritate me so much.

This is what they have gotten away with for millennia without much push back (exorcism, pedophilia, graft, corruption, murder - it has been shown that John-Paul I was murdered, money laundering and on and on). Now we are learning of it and it is creating a real divide in our society. This is why I keep pushing for people to join FFRF.

I spent fifteen years in Reparative Therapy, and it's torture. And I'm not being hyperbolic. The things they do to you and subject you to can leave lasting damage. And I'm talking PTSD.

Kind of a new age exorcism.

Can't you sue?

People should start sueing for emotional damage.

I can imagine. Well done for getting through. Sounds like some of the nonsense I have heard about Scientologist.

It really annoys me sharing a planet with those people, can they be raptured already!?

I agree. Bring on the Rapture and let's be done with it all!

If a person, adult or minor, wants such treatment, why should it be forbidden? What am I missing?

sadly parents subject minor children to it - against the minors wishes but a minor doesn't get a say in the 'therapy'.

Most conversion therapy is cruel, abusive and just plain ugly. btw

The fact that it doesn't work for one, and can actually drive someone to suicide for another. It's all xtian woo, and they guilt people into being something they are not, in the name of the "Lord"...

If the world were mostly comprised of Gays how would we straight people like being converted? I don't think so, so this might give us an idea of what is going on.

Treatment for what?

What's more sad than these people wanting to bring this barbaric crap back, is that they'll probably win.

The state could bring them back, but bar anyone under the age of 18 to participate even with parental coercion... I mean consent. , thereby allowing this organization to have their 'religious freedom' to torture one another, and protecting minors from such harm.

It has been banned for a reason. I think this appeal might work for some backward states but it will only strengthen the resolve of the more civilized ones.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.