Agnostic.com

34 5

Aren't we all agnostic?

Heard an interesting statement today.
To paraphrase: We're all agnostic. Believers, atheists, the whole lot.
Agree, or disagree?
Why?
Thanks! 😀

Billy2010A 3 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No one knows whether or not God exists or not. All 3 have their own separate claims, none of which are proven.

Believers: God Exists.
Atheists: God does not exist.
Agnostics: We will not know one way or the other.

Whichever statement you make, describes which of the 3 you are. All 3 are beliefs.

The word agnostic is for people who are afraid of the word atheist.

semantics. but there are NO gods PERIOD

If one starts to question religion from the start or when they finally see the light, that is how it all starts.. agnostic means you are sitting on the fence with the idea that there is a so called god out there and then determining whether or not its real. I started out agnostic for many years.. until I finally made a decision that I don't believe any of the BS theists claim to be true. Blind faith is not in my radar.

I guess i am if you count it as im not dead so i couldnt know, but I have zero doubt there is no god, so i call myself an atheist.

Matt Dillihunty and Aron Ra often say that people claim to "know what they don't know". Aaron Ra also says "if you can show it you don't know it".
If the definition of a God includes something that cannot be perceived then we are all agnostic. We can not claim to "know" something that by definition we can not "know".
This being said with all of my knowledge and experience I am certain that a God does not exist. I just cannot claim to "know" it.

Alot of chirstians use that get you back in the fold but for all partical things atheists and agnostics mean the same thing. They don't go to church or base their live on the bible.

At certain times yes. At other times many people fall back to their comfort zone of having to believe in "something".

I guess if you base it on the “without knowledge” meaning, sure. If you take it a bit less literally and apply it to how people feel re: beliefs, you’re not as correct. Some people are fully in on that religion and spirituality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.