Agnostic.com

6 6

Where was the most beautiful place you've seen?

I feel like I've been to a lot of beautiful places, and often times it's the people with me that make it beautiful. Being with my family and friends is a beautiful place to be. Aesthetically, I've seen some beautiful places all over the US, but one of the most awe inspiring places I've been is looking out the window of an airplane. The gulf coast line as I flew to Florida, the changes from desert to green heading east, the buildings I'd only seen on TV becoming a reality as I flew over NY. But the most beautiful place I've seen from the window of an airplane was on the way to Seattle.

Stacey48 8 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't pick one.
For me it's like asking if I like oranges or apples better. I like them both.
The desserts if AZ were beautiful, but so are the forrested mountains of PA, or the farmland in PA seen from a small plane, etc.
I've seen Niagara (I like the Canadian side best) but wouldn't call it the MOST beautiful.
They're all beautiful in their own way.
Sorry if that kind of dodges the question, but it's true.

I know you asked for a place but I've seen so many striking and memorable places to chose just one while an honest and spontaneous smile on the face of someone I care for is beyond compare.

@Stacey48 Too bad it can be so rare and slip from our grasp too easily.

All the canyons out west.

IN 1978 I was doing some geological research in Nayarit, Mexico. We're coring volcanic lakes for sediment samples. Our next visit was a volcano known as, Lago de Santa Maria. We approached the crater from the west. As we broached the rim of the volcano we looked down. Below us about 0 ft was a turquoise lake. The surrounding rim from the top to the lakes edge a 0 ft below was almost unbroken jungle. Only one habitation, long abandoned and the road we were to descend was intermittently visible. We followed the road to the lakes edge. The water was crystal clear, with fine volcanic sand extending as far as the eye could see into the depths of the lake. There was absolutely no plant or animal life in the lake. Minerals from the volcano rendered the inside if the lake devoid of life, in stark contrast to the lush semi-tropical forest surrounding the lake. The water was about 70 °F. Needless there was no need to sample the lake sediments. So we put our plywood drilling platform together, pushed it out on to the lake and spent the day swimming, sunning and watching the Anhingas spread their wings and sun themselves slong with us around the shore line.

The Redwood forest where it meets the rocky shore, at sunset 🙂

gater Level 7 July 1, 2018

I'm partial to Yosemite Valley, but there's beauty all over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.