Agnostic.com

4 2

No more heroes anymore?

Do you have any heroes?
I think we now know too much about people's private lives to ever find someone "perfect" enough to be a true hero.
There may be people we admire, but is there anybody you consider to be a hero?

Scriberpunk 4 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't have any heroes in my life, people I admire yes, some one I idolize yes if she's hot, but if I had to say one hero it would be myself. I had a shitty ass childhood, suffered from depression and somehow I pulled thru.

My parents and grandparents. All are gone, so no.

Well, historically?
Or currently alive?

I don't have heroes....nor do I want heroes. That, for me, indicates worship. People are just people, and all are imperfect creatures. I may admire certain aspects about a person, and I may try to emulate those in myself, but at the end of the day I still want to be my own person.

I dislike worship, or unquestioning loyalty. It's why I am thankful for the job done by men and women in uniform - but they are just people doing their job - they are not heroes.

I am of the opinion, that no one is above having to earn your respect - even your family - and especially your parents. They don't get a pass just because they had sex, and approximately 9 months later you were born. If they don't live up to the ideals they are trying to hold you to, it's hard to respect them. Doesn't mean you can't still love them, but love and respect are two different things.

All of this is to say - no I don't have heroes, nor do I have any want for them. I like people, and I like to treat everyone like they are just a person. It is why I don't get starstruck.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.