Agnostic.com

7 2

Is there anything you know that you wish you didn't know, or anything you actively avoid learning about?

zing 6 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I really wish I didn't know how awful people can be.

Same

Some stories of how specific people in the past have treated and abused others are so upsetting, and yet contribute nothing to my understanding of the world. Bloody Internet, it's too easy to fall down the rabbit hole of reading about horrifying crimes.

Try not to look up many symptoms on the Internet because you might learn that you have cancer or even be pregnant if you are a male. Websites also try to track you if you look at something. I didn't know what peyronies disease was until recently. Once I looked it up and learned my browser was popping up sites talking about a cure. Leave me alone. I was only curious. My penis does not have a sharp curve in it, OK.

The human condition. Death. That some people blatantly refuse to change their minds even when presented with facts, statistics, and calm understanding. That truly evil, greedy, hateful people exist and nothing will change them

I avoid anything to do with animal testing or mistreatment. I have seen enough to know what monsters people can be and I'm fully aware of it, but I try to avoid it to have some sort of peace. Too much of that would destroy me.

No, i try not to avoid anything, especially those realities which trigger me.

If i'm affected emotionally by something, i know there must be a reason within me which has motivated me to emote, so it must be managed and resolved for my own sake. I know my physical and emotional health depend on resolving such triggers.

Curiosity is still one of my most powerful compulsions and certainly helps me stay functional and in balance.

@Stacey48 Good for you grappling with it though. It is a hard question for many to acknowledge and answer i've found. But it feels so great to deal with 'stuff' potentially dragging me down or holding me back from enjoying my life.

I regret finding out what is in balogna. I avoid finding out what is in a donut.

@Stacey48 Same here. I loved hot dogs which is probably made from the stuff left over from making balogna. ☺

@Stacey48 FUCKING labels! I was perfectly content in my ignorance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119912
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.