Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK It’s not just at the border. The U.S. separates families all the time. - The Washington Post

Some of the groups I belong to are working on the "school to prison pipeline," which has as one of it myriad causes (on the child's side) having a PARENT who is or has been incarcerated. Many people I know around here have at least one (or more) relative in jail or prison, often for what would have been in my day something that earned you a citation or warning. But the "three strikes" law makes life extremely harsh. I'm not advocating for wanton law-breaking, mind you. Simply observing.

BookDeath 8 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Prisons for profit,3 strikes law,weed, are all abused to place people in prison or jail. Weed should be made legal federally and those imprisoned because of it released. These parents where the wage earner(?) is imprisoned should be under some type of review so the children do not follow in the imprisoned footsteps. Not enough is being done to prevent these gangs from developing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120614
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.