Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK Evangelist Says Christians Should Run For School Boards to End LGBTQ Advocacy – Friendly Atheist

Franklin Graham doesn't believe in the separation of church and state...

DGJ0114 7 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Franklin Graham doesn't believe in separation of church and state? Nobody on the religious right believes in separation of church & state. Theirs is a fantasy world where the US was founded by WASP ministers, for WASP ministers, and nobody else existed. Although there's plenty to suggest that their religious rhetoric is merely for the troops, and it is and always has been simply about political power... another tool to grab and keep power for the Republican party.

Ha, a good many of the founding fathere were Unitarians.

@starwatcher-al Don't forget the Deists, who, from their writings, were agnostic atheists by any other name...

They must not get the majority on these boards or they will have us teaching the bible instead of classes on anything else and the population will become dumber than dumb.

If there's any doubt religion drives homophobia and transphobia.

Evangelists have Churches for their supposed religious beliefs. Educators have Schools where they can relate Science, Art, History and the everything else of interest. Nevet the two should cross each other. There is enough Blood Shed, War, and Hatred still being discovered and sorted through. You might want to remind him.

This is exactly why local elections are so important.

A friend was running for county sheriff. I think he was by far the best person for the job (although I may be biased). He lost by 114 votes. 31% of eligible voters showed up. And that was the highest turnout in his state.

I go to every election I can, (almost) without fail. In the smaller elections, I am often counted in the single digits when I show up. No one shows up, no one cares.

This is what the religious right knows, wants, and expects. So, ruin their party.

SHOW UP!!!!! Every time.

The school board, the zoning commission (I was recently appointed, and am excited to be a moderating voice), city council, the dog catcher, those are ALL easily winnable offices that matter.

Show up and be counted. Show up and be heard.

Ozman Level 7 July 3, 2018

This began in the 80's whereby the Christian Coalition advocated for taking over school boards. It has resulted in a very bad actor running our country. Beware the extremists.

Teaching one week of sex Ed and having a unity week by no means equates to supporting LGTB students.
I have many dealings with different district over transgender sensitivity. Epic fail by most districts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:121101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.